Well, Hello Hello!

Options
Hi, everyone! I am joining this group, because I am ready to take control of my health. I am a 27-year-old mother of two. I am currently a stay-at-home mother, but I have an esthetician's license I plan to eventually use. I have been having a lot of health problems this year: depression, anxiety, extreme fatigue, weight gain (25 pounds in one year!), menstrual problems, acne, a few stray hairs growing where they shouldn't be, tachycardia, strange nerve sensations, etc. It has been a struggle to figure out what exactly has been wrong. Finally, I found some answers at a recent doctor's visit. I found out that I am estrogen dominant--that I do not make enough progesterone for the amount of estrogen I make. Also, it appears that I am becoming hypothyroid. My cholesterol was borderline high, which shocked me, since I am still in my 20's. It is time to get my health in check and feel better about my life. I want control back!

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm an esthetician too!!! :)
    Feel free to add me, and welcome to the site! It's helped me tremendously, and I hope it does the same for you :)
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    welcome! you are in the right place for motivation and support! Feel free to add me! We can be each others cheerleaders! :bigsmile:

-Tena
  • Estheticslady
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, happy for you that you've decided to take control of your health, if you need support, you came to the right place and add me if you need a friend. Best wishes on your journey to health!
  • metisgirl
    metisgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well....
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you want to take control of your health and sorry to hear of all the issues you are dealing with. That would make anyone depressed. Eating healthy & excerising can only benefit you and your family. It's hard to find the time for yourself to workout with kids at home but I find when I do work out and put myself first - I am a better mom and happier mom.

Good Luck in your healthy adventure!!
  • edisonswifey
    edisonswifey Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) I only have a month under my belt but feel free to add me. You will love this site! Their are soooo many positive people here.
  • Estheticslady
    Options
    Thanks for the support, ladies! I am really excited that I found this site. It is such a great motivational tool! It's been a long time since I've seen such a positive and upbeat online community.