Does anyone take Resveratrol? Thoughts/experiences?

Does anyone take Resveratrol regularly and if so what have been your thoughts and experiences? My friend, a biology graduate student and health nut, has been taking Resveratrol (Biotin) supplements for almost a year and he swears by them - he's shown me the research and also his own anecdotal evidence of feeling, sleeping and functioning better since starting.

I figured I'd give it a try, and began taking Resveratrol every day about a month ago about the same time that I started my current successful weight loss attempt. I'm sleeping much better and have lost about 10lbs in 1 month (unheard of for me!) I've been killin' it at the gym every day and eating very healthily, so I'm unsure if the resveratrol has helped at all or if it's just natural benefits from exercising and eating right. However, I *have* felt that it is decreasing my appetite remarkably and that may be a true part of my progress.

Has anyone else felt the same way? Or am I just imagining it? Placebo effect? I'd love to know your experiences.

13060923.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    What dose do you take?
  • I take one 500mg capsule daily.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    I have been taking this for over a year and although I have lost weight, sleep better and have a healthier diet ... none are the reasons for taking this. Trans-Resveratrol boasts a long list of benefits including cardiovascular health, anti-inflammatory properties, the prevention of joint disease, the ability to lower blood sugar levels, improved athletic endurance, and even the possibility of preventing and eliminating certain types of cancers.

I would suggest your success has come from exercise, eating healthy and a positive mindset. Just my opinion. :)
  • Thanks, I appreciate it! I'm also taking it for the health benefits, not weight loss, but I'm just curious if it's having an effect at all especially with my appetite. Is appetite loss one of the side effects, do you know?

Not only am I hungry less often (even if I've eaten far below my goal intake of 1200) but when I am hungry I find that I can't eat as much even if what I'm eating is delicious... sometimes I get full with the plate only half eaten! :P
  • I have been taking Resveratrol for a year. I take 200 mg a day of Solgar tablets. I just published an article on Yahoo if you are interested:

http://voices.yahoo.com/article/10001751/my-resveratrol-experience-miracle-supplement-just-12490332.html?cat=5