Critique my diary

Options
My diary is open.

I'd like to see what people think of what I eat.

Currently maintaining weight at 78kg or 172lbs.

I do leangains style IF not that it really matters but fast for 16hrs a day.

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Clearly you're killing your macros and you're eating lots of whole foods and veg AND delectable tasty treats. But that many calories in your budget you'd have to try pretty hard to go wrong.

I award you a gold star.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Repetitive, not enough fruit n veg, and try eating some fish instead of taking supplements.... some good stuff in there but I really don't see the need for anything tha'ts called 'protein', eat food instead...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Repetitive, not enough fruit n veg, and try eating some fish instead of taking supplements.... some good stuff in there but I really don't see the need for anything tha'ts called 'protein', eat food instead...

Agree on the fruit & veg. Well I try to eat more vegetables than fruit.

And I happy to eat more fish/meat in general but mixing it with my oats/cottage cheese sludge mixes could be a bit nasty :tongue: That is the only use I have for my protein powder.

Forgot to mention that I take fish oil daily to help with collagen regrowth for my injured shoulder & hip.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    yep more fruits and veg :wink:

Just want to add that I'm jealous that you get to eat all the yummy stuff I'd like to eat haha hmmm pop tarts...... :love:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    yep more fruits and veg :wink:

Just want to add that I'm jealous that you get to eat all the yummy stuff I'd like to eat haha hmmm pop tarts...... :love:

I can tell you I will be upping my fruit intake now as bananas are finally back to a normal price again!!!! Bananas are my favourite fruit.

My veggies that I cook are always the frozen style just about. Basically because when ever I buy anything else I end up throwing them out because I can't get through them quick enough & I hate to waste food.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I love those individual steamer bags for veggies! Makes life so much easier.

I had a banana for the first time in over a year the other day. forgot just how good they are :love: hmm and mangoes are in season too :tongue:
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I opened it up and giggled. :D I love how you look great and still get your sweets in :)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Thanks snookumss. I don't really believe in cutting out any particular food groups. Except mushrooms, cause they taste like *kitten* :tongue:

Dom82: oh I know! Mango season! They are on the shopping list.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    A++++++++

Oh we were talking about your diary and not your pics? Sowwy.:blushing:
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good =)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

Agree on the fruit & veg. Well I try to eat more vegetables than fruit.

And I happy to eat more fish/meat in general but mixing it with my oats/cottage cheese sludge mixes could be a bit nasty :tongue: That is the only use I have for my protein powder.

Forgot to mention that I take fish oil daily to help with collagen regrowth for my injured shoulder & hip.

Thanks for the reply :smile: I've not got the balls to ask for a critique of my diary so well done. Hope those fish tabs work well to help your recovery! Good way to get your oatmeal AND good fish is to coat mackerel fillets in oatmeal and shallow fry in olive oil, gives a lovely crisp coating and it's good for you - eat it with a huge salad and there you have a wonderful healthy meal :flowerforyou:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Looks solid concerning your macros, as for micros do you take any other vitamins beside fish oils?
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Looks really good! I agree with the above saying that I like how you get your sweets in too. What is the fast 16 hour thing about? Always interested to learn more about fasting but kinda scared to try since I just started P90X and don't know if that would be too strenuous or counter intuitive to me trying to lose fat and not muscle?
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love your diary and your doing great! :wink:

I just started the IF eating (only 8hr days)..hehe, and feeling great!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    MrsSWW: That sounds delicious :) Will try!

Also, my nutritionist mate just told me this re fish oil consumption.

"In regards to fish oil and fish consumption, you will get 11mg of EPA and 50mg of DHA from a piece of fish as compared to 120mg EPA in a 1000mg fish oil tablet. Optimum levels of EPA are around 1.8 GRAMS, so do the math on that and maybe increase your fish oil intake"

So I don't think I could eat enough fish. I would try though :tongue:

PBjunky: sorry don't log all my vitamins. Daily I take: men's multi, joint formula, a supergreens one that I've forgotten the name of & recently cissus quadrangularis.

trlyblssd79: HEAPS of info at www.leangains.com but basically I skip breakfast, have my first meal of the day around 1pm ish. Have my last meal around 9ish. It's just a tool to be able to stick to your cals/macros basically. Not for everyone but works well for me & I love it because I still get to eat large meals.

Rachaelluvszipped: nice :) Have you joined the IF group?

Thanks for the responses everyone.
  • Abevemi
    Abevemi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    soooo jealous that you get to eat all the yummy foods! Lindt balls....oh how my mouth waters!!!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I do LOVE those lindt balls. They were actually a present from a client passed around the office but no doubt a few more will be consumed over the xmas period.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yes, Chris I did :wink: