cooking for the rushed

I have several cookbooks by Sandi Richard to help meal plan, grocery shop and eat healthy. It's not a diet plan, just an easy way to plan healthy, family meals. Tonight I had a meal from her Eating Forward book, yummy shrimp toss in a coconut broth with whole wheat vermicelli.
I think she has a website too. It makes life easier to grocery shop once a week and have a whole week of healthy meals. Check her out.:love:

Replies

• Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Thanks for the tip :) I feel like I spend 1 hour just preparing one meal... times that by like 5.
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    You could also google 'once a month cooking'. I tend to cook a couple of big batches of meals and freeze in portions (i have a large freezer!) so that all I have to do is defrost one on my lazy days. I also take one each day to work for lunch.
  • BumInTheSun73
    BumInTheSun73 Posts: 37 Member
    I need all the help I can get. I'm soooo slow at chopping and prepping food. I take 3 hours to do what my husband does in 1 hour lol
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Get a pressure cooker! Save time and make healthy meals. You can even use them to cook rice.

I learnt all about them on fastcooking.ca
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Hi there,

Check out cookbooks by Tosca Reno- the food is amazing, super healthy, and isn't too time intensive.

I also suggest the slow cooker! I love mine! You can plug it in with your goodies in the morning and come home to a hot delicious dinner at night!
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    I need all the help I can get. I'm soooo slow at chopping and prepping food. I take 3 hours to do what my husband does in 1 hour lol

Hi,
    Get a food processor! I can load it up with anything and get a perfect chop by pulsing the items. I suppose if you have a blender, it might work in there, too! It's worth a shot! I hate cutting stuff up, so I use the food processor all the time. I cook a lot and love it, but I'd really hate it if I had to cut everything up. Good luck!!
  • takeitback1mt
    takeitback1mt Posts: 6 Member
    If you know you're going to have a busy day, prepare your food for the next day the night before! I have class and work all day tomorrow, so I spent about an hour in the kitchen making breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks. That way when it comes to meal time I don't have to think twice about it, and won't make impulsive bad decisions due to hunger.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Get a pressure cooker! Save time and make healthy meals. You can even use them to cook rice.

I learnt all about them on fastcooking.ca

I have a eight quart pressure cooker, and it rocks.
    I don't even use the slow cooker any more, unless
    I need to keep chili warm for an event.

I made this monster stew the other night, that was
    really healthy, and it was done in under an hour! (@ 15 PSI)
    Stew meat only took 30 mins, all the veggies took 5 mins.

So delicious! Best part is the food prep.

Peel corn, snap in half.
    Carrots peel, cut in to 1/3's
    onion cut in half, then 1/3's
    Small red potatoes stay whole,
    as well as the mushrooms.

Beefstew.png