29-stone mum feeds her eight-month-old triplets McDonald’s

Options
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2399352.ece

ouch, if this story doesnt give you motivation to give up the junk food.......nothing will!! Ugh those poor kids :S
BTW I believe it is 14 pounds per stone, making her 406. Also, in case you are curious, wotsits are sort of like puffy cheetos.

A 29-STONE mum who feeds her eight-month old triplets with McDonald's has insisted she is bringing the tots up in the “best way she can".

Leanne Salt, 24, said she is “too busy” to properly feed daughters Deanna and Daisy and son Finlee.

So she lets them eat her takeaways and gives them Wotsits snacks and microwave meals.

Leanne today defended giving her kids junk food on Sun Talk – which broadcasts every day on thesun.co.uk — when quizzed by DJ Jon Gaunt.

She said: “I’m trying to bring up my children the best way I can and the best way I know. My children are happy.”

Sun columnist Jon branded the fast food diet as “child abuse”.

But Leanne insisted: “My children are healthy weights for their ages.”

A 68-strong team of medics delivered Leanne’s triplets last year, costing the NHS £200,000.

She now dresses them just one day a week when she goes out to collect her dole money.

The tots eat 1,249 calories a day instead of the 765 recommended for their 17lb weight.

Leanne, who swelled to 40 STONE before the birth last August, eats an average of 3,000 a day — 1,000 more than is recommended for a woman.

She said: “My babies were six months old when they had their first McDonald’s. They like fish and chips too. I chew the food first so they can eat it because they haven’t got any teeth yet. I give them packets of Wotsits as a snack at 2pm.

“Sometimes I’ll cook them a microwave lasagne. Babies are always hungry — sometimes it’s easier to give them food that’s already prepared.
Taste

“They’re on the baby food jars and love the fish pie and cottage pie meals. But I see no harm in letting them have a few bits of my takeaways too.

“They like the taste of them and it’s a treat. I let the triplets eat fries off my plate as I think it’s best they try all kinds of food to see what they like.”

She added: “Anyway they don’t always have junk food — sometimes I cook a microwave meal. My babies are healthy.” Leanne, of Coventry, blames her obesity on thyroid trouble.

She got pregnant by her boyfriend of only four weeks in January last year. They split halfway through her pregnancy, and Leanne now lives with her brother and mum Jane, 46.

Their tiny house is strewn with laundry piles and toys.

Leanne receives £140 a week tax credit, £42 a week child benefit and £45 family allowance. She spends the £227 on food and ten cigarettes a day.

Her takeaways confession comes as figures show a shocking one in five children are raised on little but junk food.

The Infant and Toddler Forum poll also discovered that 65 per cent of mums NEVER cook meals from scratch.

Leanne said she also feeds her kids milk, scrambled eggs on toast and instant mashed potato with spaghetti hoops.

She told Closer magazine: “I feed my babies vegetables every Sunday, and a lot of the baby food has fruit in it.”

Leanne steers away from healthy foods in case it makes her tots anorexic. She said: “I don’t want them to think they have to watch what they eat. I’ll tell them big is beautiful.”

Mum Jane said: “I buy salad, but nobody eats it. They’d rather have sugary foods.”

The Sun’s Doctor Carol Cooper warned of the dangers of feeding kids junk food.

She said: “A balanced diet is important as it gives children the best possible start in life.

“A poor diet in the short term can cause bowel problems such as constipation.

“In the long run it may mean bone disease, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and maybe kidney failure.”

THE average 40-year-old British woman has a “fat age” of 66 — after eating a level of fat that should have taken her 66 years, shock figures reveal.

Replies

• katrana
    katrana Posts: 66 Member
    Options

ouch, if this story doesnt give you motivation to give up the junk food.......nothing will!! Ugh those poor kids :S
    BTW I believe it is 14 pounds per stone, making her 406. Also, in case you are curious, wotsits are sort of like puffy cheetos.

A 29-STONE mum who feeds her eight-month old triplets with McDonald's has insisted she is bringing the tots up in the “best way she can".

Leanne Salt, 24, said she is “too busy” to properly feed daughters Deanna and Daisy and son Finlee.

So she lets them eat her takeaways and gives them Wotsits snacks and microwave meals.

Leanne today defended giving her kids junk food on Sun Talk – which broadcasts every day on thesun.co.uk — when quizzed by DJ Jon Gaunt.

She said: “I’m trying to bring up my children the best way I can and the best way I know. My children are happy.”

A 68-strong team of medics delivered Leanne’s triplets last year, costing the NHS £200,000.

She now dresses them just one day a week when she goes out to collect her dole money.

The tots eat 1,249 calories a day instead of the 765 recommended for their 17lb weight.

Leanne, who swelled to 40 STONE before the birth last August, eats an average of 3,000 a day — 1,000 more than is recommended for a woman.

She said: “My babies were six months old when they had their first McDonald’s. They like fish and chips too. I chew the food first so they can eat it because they haven’t got any teeth yet. I give them packets of Wotsits as a snack at 2pm.

“Sometimes I’ll cook them a microwave lasagne. Babies are always hungry — sometimes it’s easier to give them food that’s already prepared.
    Taste

“They’re on the baby food jars and love the fish pie and cottage pie meals. But I see no harm in letting them have a few bits of my takeaways too.

“They like the taste of them and it’s a treat. I let the triplets eat fries off my plate as I think it’s best they try all kinds of food to see what they like.”

She added: “Anyway they don’t always have junk food — sometimes I cook a microwave meal. My babies are healthy.” Leanne, of Coventry, blames her obesity on thyroid trouble.

She got pregnant by her boyfriend of only four weeks in January last year. They split halfway through her pregnancy, and Leanne now lives with her brother and mum Jane, 46.

Leanne receives £140 a week tax credit, £42 a week child benefit and £45 family allowance. She spends the £227 on food and ten cigarettes a day.

Her takeaways confession comes as figures show a shocking one in five children are raised on little but junk food.

The Infant and Toddler Forum poll also discovered that 65 per cent of mums NEVER cook meals from scratch.

Leanne said she also feeds her kids milk, scrambled eggs on toast and instant mashed potato with spaghetti hoops.

She told Closer magazine: “I feed my babies vegetables every Sunday, and a lot of the baby food has fruit in it.”

Leanne steers away from healthy foods in case it makes her tots anorexic. She said: “I don’t want them to think they have to watch what they eat. I’ll tell them big is beautiful.”

Mum Jane said: “I buy salad, but nobody eats it. They’d rather have sugary foods.”

She said: “A balanced diet is important as it gives children the best possible start in life.

“In the long run it may mean bone disease, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and maybe kidney failure.”

THE average 40-year-old British woman has a “fat age” of 66 — after eating a level of fat that should have taken her 66 years, shock figures reveal.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    i went to the site and read the original article with pictures. is this woman serious?? i felt sick just reading it. :sick:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Taste

Oh those poor babies that is all I have to say about this story.I have 3 girls and I would never feed them junk like that all the time.I have to admit though my children do have some junk every now and then but it is well monitored and not very often.There meals are home cooked and prepared daily by me no one else.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

Taste

Oh those poor babies that is all I have to say about this story.I have 3 girls and I would never feed them junk like that all the time.I have to admit though my children do have some junk every now and then but it is well monitored and not very often.There meals are home cooked and prepared daily by me no one else.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It's easier to feed them fast food? How long does it take to open a jar of baby food?
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    :sick:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    did you see this on perezhilton.com? :wink:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You gotta be kidding me:noway: