waking in the night in...sweat

Options
Over the past couple of months I have consistently woken in the night covered in sweat, neither hot nor cold but most of my body is damp with it. I have tried taking a layer off the bed and changing what I wear but it hasn't worked

I am not, I don't think, ill, so any ideas? Could it be linked to food and nutrition?

It never happened before september but I don't recall anything really changing....

Any ideas?

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i had this happen when i was overweight...
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should pop to the doctor. My Dad did this a lot and it was something to do with his lymph glands. He had no other symptoms but he is fixed now.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Night sweats. I think it can be a symptom of candida or yeast overgrowth. Do you eat a lot of sweets or carbs? Try looking it up online.
  • ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising a lot more?
    When you exercise your muscles give off a chemical that makes you sweat, not usually at the time of exercise, I used to swim every other day and noticed after a swim I would sweat profusely at night, its the muscles way of healing themselves, just a thought!
    Another thought have no idea how old you are but could you be peri menopausal? If so try taking a soya and a sage supplement, I found that these helped me a lot
    Ok just read your age so scrap that last bit :laugh:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    When i increased my protein, decreased carbs and increased exercise this happened to me for a while, it stopped eventually.
    I think my body was getting used to using a different fuel.
    Annoying though isn't it?
  • mrrad
    mrrad Posts: 46
    Options
    See you doctor, can be a symptom of lots of things but can also be a sign of various illnesses.
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    thanks for the tips and ideas

i'm only 17, aren't overweight and don't have an excessively low/high intake of any food group and don't do excessive or no exercise

i'm a relatively normal, healthy person haha so maybe it is time for the doctor xD thanks!