anyone gain alittle weight before they lost?

Options
i have just started dieting again, i have lost 40lbs in last 6months but had a month off and gained about 5lbs wanting to lose another 15-20lbs to get to my ideal weight.
well i was doing lots of exercise but not eating enough so i think i started to sort fats, iv just started eating 3 meals aday and one snack before i was having 2 snacks and 1 meal aday. i have just weighed myself and even tho im still doing lots of exercise iv gained 1lb. is this just my body getting used to extra cals?
i feel bit rubbish that iv gained when iv cut out suagr and rubbish and even only drinking water and green tea??

Replies

• kellylara93
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, so I dont know if this counts..but I find that if one day I gain a couple of hundred grams, the folowing day I loser over 1kg...but Im not sure why..

Also if I drink water until I can feel it sloshing around in my belly I find that I record a large loss the following morning :)
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Your first mistake is "dieting". It has to be a lifestyle change. Nothing taste better than being slim.
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    thats happend to me its your body getting used to not being in starvation mode. give it a week you'll lose again
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Weight loss isnt linear so you cant treat it that way. Your internal body functions and tom can make it fluctuate alone. Also time of year has a big affect on it. While its winter your body tends to store more fat (similiar to bears).
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Wow, your 40 pounds is very well done, good on you. You have obviously done it once so there is no reason you can't do it again.

A pound is nothing. It is less than half a kilo. I can gain that glugging Gatorade at tennis, or lose it pooping it in the morning. Come back to us when you have gained four pounds, that is a true weight gain. You can be considered as maintaining your current weight, which is brilliant, I reckon. :)

I am new but I followed MFP to the very last green number and it worked very well for me, and what follows is what I have learned here. From what I have read the last 15 pounds can be the most difficult. For a start, you have probably lost some muscle during your first weight loss so your BMR is commensurately lower. Make sure you have entered your new data into MFP.

Enter all your food into MFP accurately - measure it if you have to. Don't stress if you go over your calories for a day but make sure your weekly average matches your daily goal.

You don't need to thrash yourself with cardio. It doesn't sound like you are outrageously hungry, so maybe you don't need to burn an extra 1000 calories a day just so you can eat it back. Just do your normal cardio for normal heart health, something that raises your heart rate for 30 minutes five days a week, like walking the dog. Do weights at least 3 times a week, though, to maintain as much muscle as possible, and never go under your protein goal.

There is a lot of information on this site about starvation mode. The short story is that only a tiny percentage of MFP members could ever seriously be considered to have put their body into this state.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    Options
    thanks all im not going to weigh everyday now! think im do it once a week on set days
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Your body will retain water and fill with whatever else whe you start working it. I think I dropped another 5 pounds a week after I stopped working out. I was taking creatine though.