No one has noticed!!

Options
I started on March 13 at 249 pounds. I am now at 225. I haven't told anyone at work, church or personal(except family) that I have made this lifestyle change. I have been waiting for someone to notice that I have lost weight, but not one person has made a comment. I know that this is for me and not other people, but I would love a positive comment. Also, all my clothes seem to still fit. Looser sure, but not sure I have even dropped a dress size. When will I see a difference?

Replies

• zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I started on March 13 at 249 pounds. I am now at 225. I haven't told anyone at work, church or personal(except family) that I have made this lifestyle change. I have been waiting for someone to notice that I have lost weight, but not one person has made a comment. I know that this is for me and not other people, but I would love a positive comment. Also, all my clothes seem to still fit. Looser sure, but not sure I have even dropped a dress size. When will I see a difference?
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I lost almost 40 lbs before anyone said anything besides my wife. I think that maybe some people think they notice but might not want to say anything. It will happen, have faith.
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Usually it is difficult to notice such change when you see that person every single day. I remember my husband gaining about 10 lbs and I had noticed nothing!!! It' only because I see him every day and it's hard to see those changes. In your case, maybe people think it is a sensitive subject to talk about or make comments about? So they would rather be safe and not say anything? Who knows? Important thing is- change is there:wink: Give it some time...and see what happens when you catch up with an old friend or a relative whom you see every couple of months! Hang in there and keep at it! You are doing awesome!!!
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    its okay sweetie!
    some people notice right away and others dont
    i lost a good 50pounds before anyone noticed

some people...still after losing over 90lbs have come to me and said "have you lost weight, you look like youve lost a little"
  • lreilly16
    lreilly16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! People also sometimes act out of jealousy...so they may not say something for their own selfish reasons. The most important thing to remember is that you know what a positive difference you are making in your own life by making a lifestyle change. Don't let people get you down! Stay positive, and before you know it....everyone will be commenting on how great you look! You may even start to get embarrassed by all of the compliments you are receiving :flowerforyou: We are all here to cheer you on!! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It took ages for people to notice with me too. In the end it was people I saw less frequently that finally said something. Some people still haven't said anything and it is pretty obvious now. I think some people don't want to say anything as perhaps they worry that it might be offensive as if you might not have realised you were overweight in the first place. Other people might simply not notice.

It will happen though :)
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, I think we all hope to have our efforts noticed. Twenty-five pounds is a lot, but your body takes time to shrink. Your fat cells slowly shrink, and your skin has a difficult time keeping up! You will notice, and for now, that should be reward enough....I'll never forget the day I brushed across my hip bone, and was amazed that I felt the bone! I think I nearly forgot I had bones, ha!
    Hang in there! You are off to a fantastic start!!!:drinker:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I recently told a coworker she looked like she was losing weight and she goes, "THANK YOU!! I've been waiting for a comment!!!!" She has lost about 40 pounds over 5 months or so.

It'll happen - just keep doing what you're doing. People I saw every day didn't say anything til about 20-25 lbs. I started at 215 and am now at 160... hope that helps!
  • Funisweetsmart
    Funisweetsmart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It happens to me all the time.
    When I gain weight people ask me, "Have you lost weight?'
    When I lose weight people say nothing to me.

As long as I know I have lost weight I am happy!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ... no one has noticed over here either ... I even had a big dinner yesterday and saw a few people I haven't seen in weeks ... and nothing :noway:.

Ah well, I'm sure you see and feel it everywhere and that's what matters.
  • candie241983
    Options
    I know how you feel!! No one has noticed my wieght loss ethier. :frown:
  • kfeuvrel
    kfeuvrel Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Same thing with me. My family got together for my Mom's birthday - some of whom I haven't seen in months, and no one said a thing. My coworker said she had noticed, but I had to initiate "weight loss" type conversation. She wasn't going to bring it up first!

Hang in there. I think women notice new clothes more - so when you need smaller ones, they'll notice then. (Or at least, I hope so!)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    Congratulations on all the weight loss since March!