Hey you! great work!!!

Options
While having my morning coffee and getting mentally prepared for my PT training today, I read a blog about this absolutely gorgeous girl that said she doesn't have to do anything to stay fit. Her metabolism is just super good, and she's naturally slim with muscles.
Needless to say I sighed and though to myself. Man, she is lucky.

Every day I wake up wondering if today is going to work out, will I have the willpower to eat healthy and work out?
Will I be strong enough to actually reach my goal, and not fail. As I have so many times before.

And that's when I realized. You know what? I am TRYING, I am WORKING HARD. I should give myself a pat on the back, because hey. Loosing weight for me is not EASY, it will never be EASY. Saying no to food I love is no walk in the park. One portion never seems enough for me. When I'm sad I CRAVE food. It's my best friend and my worst enemy.

But every day I face it, sometimes I fall off the saddle, and that's fine too. Because I always get back up!
And all my friends here on MFP, every single one of you are trying, working on yourself, not giving excuses. Taking the bull by it's horns. Everyone that's taken time of their lives to sign up on MFP, track their foods, encourage their friends, motivate each other. You are doing it because you are strong, and want something better than just whining why, why, why and then never doing anything about it.

So even if my metabolism is not super fast, I have a crazy sweet tooth, I hate exercising and I prefer pasta over salad (well..that's slowly changing lol), I still do my best!

And hey, i don't know about you. But I would choose strength over luck any day of the week!

:smile:

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    LOVE this
  • eriquita
    Options
    so nice to hear something like this early in the morning. keep up the good work!!!!
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    Your post made me smile and gave me motivation. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!!!
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yaaay, excellent post! :drinker:
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Our trials are what build strength and charactar. Easy makes lazy and will eventually be their downfall.
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    And that's when I realized. You know what? I am TRYING, I am WORKING HARD. I should give myself a pat on the back, because hey. Loosing weight for me is not EASY, it will never be EASY. Saying no to food I love is no walk in the park. One portion never seems enough for me. When I'm sad I CRAVE food. It's my best friend and my worst enemy.
    :smile:

Food is definitely everything you said to me as well! You are TRYING your best and there is nothing more than you can as of yourself. Life's not always beautiful but it's a beautiful ride. We will get through this and be so proud when we reach our goals. Keep up your great work! Thanks for sharing!
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    You guys made me smile!!! My mom always says positivity is the key to life's success and I couldn't agree more. Just reading the replies makes me want to put on my running shoes :happy: I'm not alone in my struggle thanks to my peeps in MFP! :tongue:

:flowerforyou: