Need a good replacement for meat this holiday season any sug

Options
Hi to anyone reading this,
The holiday are already here and i've been trying to rally and muster the courage to not only change my eating my overall lifestyle . This website has done an outstanding job of allowing me to maintain consistency but now it gets a lil hairy im trying to challenge my self by preparing a meat free (not a vegan) holiday meal. It is just a challenge im presenting my self with this holiday season I hope to get some great suggestions.

Thank You

Wally Bat.

Replies

• jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    At Christmas I have nut roast or something veggie-based. If you cook it right then it is yummy but it is sooo easy to overcook.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    The sh*take and leek stuffed seitan roast from www.theppk.com!
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    I'm veggie, so I usually get a nut roast for my Christmas dinner, you can get packet mixes at most supermarkets, and lots of different varieties! :) And instead of Pigs in Blankets I have Quorn Pigs in Blankets, so just the same made with quorn :) And stuffing is just the same, but I bake it instead of stuffing it, haha! :) And then lots and lots of vegetables and bread sauce etc, makes one very tasty meat free dinner! :)
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    try soy and tofu check in ur veggie isle.
  • walfrinba
    walfrinba Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A nut roast definitely did not think of that. Thats sounds great! i will definitely keep that in mind now by veggie do you mean salad or like an egg plant casserole. I was thinking Veggie Lasagna?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey! I just tried it this Thanksgiving, and it really wasn't bad! I was disappointed to find that my local grocery store was out of it this week.
  • walfrinba
    Options
    That sounds like a great meal, Ill probably search tonight its my first time actually cooking for the whole family or at least since I deployed. Quorn pigs in a blanket have to look into that. ****ake ooooh does it go well with wine im trying compliment this meal with a great wine
  • walfrinba
    Options
    I think we have a winner! Im definitely looking for that at the major chain supermarkets. Thanks
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tofurky holiday! i buy two every year one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas or New Years depends. its super easy and pretty darn good. check it out. Its 100% vegan and organic so its a worry free meal - 300 cals, and 42g of protein per serving.

http://www.tofurky.com/tofurkyproducts/holiday_products.html
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    How about fish?
    You can do shrimp, salmon, tilapia...etc...

If you do a veggie lasagna, use whole wheat noodles to keep it healthy...
  • Grinonneau
    Grinonneau Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Garden burgers, (a lot of good organic varieties in the grocery store) falafel, tofu or beans. Good call on cutting the meat from your diet. Plenty of other good protein sources are available.