Excercising in the FREEZING cold :(

Options
Hey guys!
Just a quick question....
I really like speed walking and the occational jog, but getting out in the hail, rain and cold isnt motivating me at all,
i find it way easier to exercise in the summer, as i WANT to be out in the sun! When the weather is reall bad i do some calesthetics at home...
Im trying to loose a stone, but finding it so much harder in the winter... any tips or advice?
thanks!

Replies

• WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    I'm the same, I think I'm going to try swimming, yes you need the motivation to go out of the house but at least it's to a car and then indoors so you know you can get a good workout whatever the weather.
  • obrienalana
    obrienalana Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "but at least it's to a car and then indoors" haha so true! yeah gonna join the gym next week so then ive no excuse :)
    thanks for your advise!
  • janeitg
    janeitg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    On top of living where it is cold, I live out in the country so I don't want to drive into town to go to the gym. I have been taping shows on my DVR and then working out to Denise Austin or Gilad. As soon as we get a nice day, I head out. Good luck.
  • DanWhittaker
    Options
    EXXERCISE IN THE COLD!!

Exercising in the cold will force your body to raise it's metabolism to maintain a sustainable body temperature. So get out there and make the most of it!!! Shred that stone :smile:
  • NicoleTaulman
    NicoleTaulman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gilad is m go-to winter program. I DVR the super early morning episode on Discovery Fit and then do it around 6:30 a.m.
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i totally know what you mean. this year i have moved to europe currently in sweden and its freezing... i'v only ever seen snow twice in my life so all this cold is a big shock to the system....plus its dark all the time :( . but when its too cold i skip inside, do aerobics and hit up bodyrock :) just find things to do inside for free or if you can hit the gym.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to get the motivation to go out there. I live in MN and it's rough. But you warm up quickly and you'll feel great after!

If I can't get up the motivation or it's too dark outside then I'll go use the indoor track at the school if it's available or do an exercise dvd at home.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a nice warm cup of tea or hot lemon water before heading out to heat yourself up? We tend to keep our heat on the low side and it is so tough to want to get changed into my workout clothes or even start working out. To help, I warm up a mug of water, then squeeze in half a lemon. It warms me up and gets me energized to look forward to my workout. It's also good for your body.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Run/walk outside! It's fun, I promise!

Just make sure to wear layers of warm clothing. I recommend Under Armor or Nike breathable cold gear.