New Guy who is very excited to join here!

Options
I have been an up and down person with my weight. In the last two years I have lost 45 pounds and gained back 33. Being a chef can sometimes be a challenge since I am exposed to food all day. I want to use this tool for a life guideline to stay in shape after I reach Ithe desired goal. My wife and I are doing this together, although she only has to lose a few pounds. It's great to be here!

Replies

• cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

I have a similar story..I lost 55 pounds by using this site and app last summer to a couple of months ago...then I got a promotion, we had to move and things got a little crazy for a bit. Now, I have gained 30 pounds back and really NEED to get back on track! I think that having a lot of friends on this site helps out a bit, so be sure to visit some discussions and add some friends! The morale support is a huge factor in the weight loss!
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    welcome hope you have a great journey you can add me if you wish for a diet friend:smile:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • hhcote
    hhcote Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome Vance!

I hope you find great success here!

What kind of chef are you? What I mean is, are you in a big restaurant or local? Don't they have different chefs doing different jobs in restaurants like only doing the entrees? Specializing? Maybe you can help us come up with tasty low cal dinners? :bigsmile:
  • Andr1Kar
    Andr1Kar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I am also new and I have found out very quickly that everyone here is so supportive! Good Luck to you! Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • sunshine2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Best of luck with your fitness goals - YOU CAN DO IT :)
  • ceezee1
    Options
    Welcome! I am also new here (joined just yesterday!) It looks like there will be no short supply of friends to motivate us. Good luck!
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Welcome! :) Best of luck!
  • woodsk67
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    A warm warm welcome. This is just the place to help you stay on track.
  • Bruce6619
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. U can do it
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I am not a chef but work with them all the time....I work for a food broker representing over 40 lines....so my work life is food shows, sampling chefs on new items and sales meetings trainings that are nothing but food! I am in a great frame of mind now..down 18# with the help of lots of exercise and MFP!!!!

You can do it!! Feel free to send a friend request:smile:
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My mom is a cook, and our family is big on home-made meals. I can understand being around food all day! Good luck to you, this site is full of motivation and has helped me a great deal.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • PhiasMommy08
    Options
    Welcome! I joined yesterday and am loving it so far! I have also had diet success and failure, but am hoping to kick my bad habits once and for all with the help of this program and some new friends. Feel free to add me. Maybe we can help support and motivate one another. Good luck!!