Meal replacement shakes

Options
Has anyone compared the difference between Beachbody's Shakeology and Herbalife's Healthy Meal? If not, what other shake do you use and what attracted you to it?

Replies

• aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Total fan of Herbalife. I have not personally tried the Shakeology but I have a friend who has and she says that Herbalife is much better as far as flavor and she even said that Herbalife has more variety.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Shakeology is very overpriced.

I use Optimum Nutrition brand (chocolate mint flavor) and take a multivitamin. Delicious, just as good, and saves me money!
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i've only been drinking shakeology so can't compare to the other but i would NOT give up my chocolate shakeology!! :)
  • countrygirl_717
    Options

I use Optimum Nutrition brand (chocolate mint flavor) and take a multivitamin. Delicious, just as good, and saves me money!

Are you talking about Optimum Nutrition's Whey protein powder? I've never tried it but have recently heard numerous people say they love the chocolate mint flavor!
    Options

Are you talking about Optimum Nutrition's Whey protein powder? I've never tried it but have recently heard numerous people say they love the chocolate mint flavor!

Yup! Only like $18-19 for 2lbs of it :]
    The chocolate mint is my favorite flavor. Tastes like thin mint girl scout cookies when mixed with milk :]
  • Jessicareyes78
    Jessicareyes78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Herbalife for sure...All Natural 114 vitamins 20 minerals all sorts of flavors. They also have allergen free product for those who are allergic to milk, soy or gluten. And the satiety is increadible. Feel full for hours. the good thing about this program is that its is a personized program and you can use it in many ways! Wide variety of suppliment and woman health products. Highly recommend you work with a distributor that is well knowledge and has had excellent results using the program nutritionally correct.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love the gnc lean shake and click espresso mocha, they both have loads of vitamins and minerals (1 scoop and 1scoop) blender bottle and freeze for about an hour or blender with a few ice cubes!!!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options

Yup! Only like $18-19 for 2lbs of it :]
    The chocolate mint is my favorite flavor. Tastes like thin mint girl scout cookies when mixed with milk :]

Thanks for the info! I might just go and get some!!
    Options
    Glad I could help! I would check online - much cheaper :]
  • kaimi2011
    Options
    wow, i've been paying up to $117 for a bag of shakeology. i'll see if price does matter. lol where did u buy online that ships overseas? thanks.
    Options
    wow, i've been paying up to $117 for a bag of shakeology. i'll see if price does matter. lol where did u buy online that ships overseas? thanks.

Yea that stuff is crazy expensive :X i certainly don't recommend!

Both of these places do i believe:
    http://www.vitacost.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Gold-Standard-Whey-Chocolate-Mint
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/
  • kaimi2011
    Options
    Thank you! I'm going to look into this. I already have an account with netrition.com and i love them. they ship super fast overseas and pack really good. Thanks again for the suggestion! I'm all for something being cheaper!! I don't mind paying the money but if I can find an alternative - I'm all for it. lol
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is priced based on the nutrition that's inside it. You get what you pay for. I haven't tried other shakes, but Shakeology makes me feel REALLY good. It reduces my cravings throughout the day, it helps keep me balanced, and I never have to worry about not getting the right nutrition, which is a common problem when restricting calories.
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Glad I could help! I would check online - much cheaper :]

Where do you buy it from online?
  • kaimi2011
    Options
    amazon has it. i'm looking at the page now. a couple of other links are posted and i will also be checking netrition.com
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is priced based on the nutrition that's inside it. You get what you pay for. I haven't tried other shakes, but Shakeology makes me feel REALLY good. It reduces my cravings throughout the day, it helps keep me balanced, and I never have to worry about not getting the right nutrition, which is a common problem when restricting calories.

Acutally, as long as you read your nutritional information and all points are the same, you're just paying a premium for the hype that they're selling you.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Acutally, as long as you read your nutritional information and all points are the same, you're just paying a premium for the hype that they're selling you.

yeah youre actually paying for the label!
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife and have had great results! So easy, you just have two shakes a day, with protein snacks and a reasonable dinner. They taste good and fill you up. I was a total skeptic, but have been won over.

Drinkin' and Shrinkin'!
  • Nikers78
    Options
    I agree. Shakeology is good but very overpriced! Thanks for the infor on the other shakes. I'm going to look into those! I use the GNC Lean Shakes and they aren't bad either!
  • awaito
    awaito Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey,
    lol i know this is going to sound "trendy" i suppose. I have a friend who did the body by Vi and let me try one of her shakes. I love them! I use them for replacing my lunch meal and it tastes amazing.. there are 200 different recipes so you can have any flavor... and the powder itself is just 90cal. :)