Confessions of a grieving mother

Options
Hello all,
So I just wanted to come upfront and confess yesterday, as today I am feeling like I have a hang-over as if I was out all night drinking lol (BTW I don't really know how that feels, as I have never been drunk lol).

Yesterday was a really difficult day for me. Not only was it the 8 month anniversary of the day my son died (he was only 20 days old) or the fact that it was a beautiful Wednesday (weather temp etc, felt exactly the same as the day he died) but I also got the news that a girl that I used to babysit is now pregnant herself. I got super depressed and immediately started feeling sorry for myself and starting wondering, why bother?

During the day I was doing pretty good as far as eating, for the most part. At lunch I ate a salad, and though I felt like eating every piece of candy I could see, I only ate one candy bar, and it was Dark chocolate, so to my thinking, it wasn't that bad. Even when I got home from work (in tears) I didn't eat a thing, but my hubby and I got ready for church and left, thinking we could eat dinner when we got home. Well, I was excited about church because we had a visiting Pastor'Apostle'Prophet and last time he came I was pregnant, so I was hoping he would have some divine word from God for me and I could finally be at peace, and be healed of my broken heart. Well, he called a lot of people up, had words for many of them, but not me. I was very disappointed. I even spoke to his wife afterwards, and while she had some things to say to me about my loss, it wasn't what I expected/wanted. Thinking about it this morning I realize that it wasn't what GOD wanted, and he has other plans for me as far as my healing process, but in my state of mind last night, I just got angry.

Well, when we finally got home from church last night around 1130 ( we STILL hadn't had dinner) I was in quite the mood. I was not only depressed still, but disappointed, angry and I even started lashing out at my husband for something he did, BEFORE we even met! So when I got to the kitchen, I just didn't care anymore. I ate everything in sight, including several brownies that I had baked for my husband the day before. I just kept putting things in my mouth, they made me feel better!

This morning, I regret my actions, but I am thankful, because the Lord's mercies are new every morning! I am still not in the best of moods, but I am going to get myself back up, dust myself off and move on. Life is about these roller coasters, and if I let one steep drop get me down for good, what good am I to anybody else, or to God? So these are my confessions to you this morning, and also, I confess I cannot do this alone. God gives me the strength, but so does the support of all my MFP friends, thanks everyone for all of the encouragement you have given me the last few moths, and thank you in advance for continuing to do so.

Replies

• seehawkmomma
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I wish I had the magic words for you to make that pain go away. I hope you find your way. Blessed it be.
  • ThundersCry
    ThundersCry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    **hugs** Cut yourself some slack without giving yourself excuses, I think you did that wonderfully.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say, and I think most people wouldn't. In a way I do understand how you're feeling though, not because I've lost a child but because I lost my mother. Her birthday and the day she died are really hard on me and it doesn't help that most people don't know what to say. I still have a hard time on my mom's birthday and the day she died. Maybe you could find something comforting to focus on?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are. It does get easier. I try to find at least one bright shining moment in each day, the sun on my skin, a beautiful flower, a joke, a rainbow, or the sound of the rain when you are warm and dry, anything really that makes you smile.

I like to think that my baby boy sent these things to me to say "hey it's ok to smile, just think of my when you do" this has helped me to find the joy in living again. Now instead of feeling sad when I think of Lucas I equate smiling and feeling good with the son I lost.

Best wishes to you and yours:flowerforyou:
  • gammybarb
    gammybarb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am heartfully sorry. May God bring you and your family peace and comfort and hope. Hope in the knowledge that you and your child will meet again in a far better place than the one we stand in today. Remember that your son is in paradise in the arms of an angel.

Rest in the lord and don't stress right now over weight and exercise. Once your heart starts to heal your body will follow.
    My prayers today are for you.
    Barb~