When do you start to notice?

Options
Hi, I was just curious when did you start to notice a difference in your clothes? I am 5'8, and have gone from 202 to now 182, for a 20 pd. loss total. I am doing both cardio, (Turbo Jam), 5-6x/wk and strength training, (Chalene Extreme) 3x/wk. Anyways, I do notice a slight difference on how my clothes fit but not that much and I just think that after 20 pds. I would notice a little more.

Replies

• kat_renee
    kat_renee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight before I did my tracker.... :)
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yeah you would think that after 20lb diff u would notice a difference for sure! but u might have lost alot of water weight n with that u wont notice a difference..

my weight ranges from 180 to 205+lbs n i notice a huuge difference in how cloths fit.. to the extent that i have to go buy new shirts n pants for when im cutting or bulking lol

just keep at it and u will start to notice a big difference! n good job on ur loss so far!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I dont notice on myself until 20-25 pounds. It depends on how you carry your weight too. I am small through my butt and thighs, but of course lose there and other less noticeable places first before i can see it in my belly and chest. measure yourself, and try tracking that way too! Arms, thighs, waist, hips.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    It's different for everyone. For me it wasn't until around the 25lb mark that I really saw it. I had a ton of sodium induced water weight so the loss wasn't super dramatic. Keep rocking and you'll see it. Great work!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i lost lots of inches but my clothes were getting baggy between 25-30
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I would Highly recommend doing measurement checks every month, I sware by them!!! I have not found any kind of change in my clothes or anything, but I know I am becoming thinner because the numbers tell me so. It is a really reassuring way of knowing what you're doing is working, plus you can kind of see where your trouble areas are
  • kishamichelle686
    Options
    Kat,

I have the same issue. I do notice that my clothes fit differently but when I look in the mirror I look the same to me (:noway: Im not complaining because I have lost 50 pounds but I'd like to see it to :ohwell:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Took a month for me.
    4 months and I was like...abs?
    Cool!
  • heatherdills
    heatherdills Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My pants started falling off around 40lbs. I agree with it all depends on where your body stores weight and where it sheds it first.
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I thought that too! I have started to notice being able to feel my hips and ribs (which is nice!), and bought a smaller coat. Apart from that all my clothes still fit the same, I can't get into smaller jeans for example, well not well enough to go out in them anyway!! My boyfriend says my clothes look like they're fitting better / looking bigger on me. But I don't see/feel it.

I've lost 22lb since starting on here and still waiting to get into smaller jeans!! GRR!!
  • PAWeissenstein
    PAWeissenstein Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me it was easy. I started to notice when my pants kept sliding down and I had to purchase a pair of suspenders (braces)!!! I guess it depends where you are losing it from. If you are losing it from up top you might not notice it as quickly... All I can say is measurements! Get a tape measure and measure your neck, waist, hips, chest and arms once a week or every two weeks. You may see a difference then. Also - if you are exercising you may be building muscle as you lose weight which means you may not see a physical change although you will be healthier..
  • kat_renee
    Options
    Thank you all for the response and way to go on you all for what you have accomplished! When I gain I gain every where and when I lose I lose it every where. Well, I do think that I am losing it more on my thighs first, I do a lot lunges/squats....love squats. I am taking my measurements, even though I love to see the number on the scale go down my main source of progress are my measurements. I have my weigh in/measurements on Sunday so I'm hoping to see some good numbers. (I'm also going to try on some jeans that I have and see if they will button without me having to lay down....lol) I'll just "keep on keeping on" and see what happens and need to learn to be patient.
  • Themaryum
    Themaryum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just from reading the replys I can tell it must be different for everyone. I've lost 7 pounds & I can tell in SOME of my clothes. Like someone said it depends on where you lose it, I put on a shirt the other day that I bought last Christmas & it fit great, I still had a little belly buldge but last year it was wwaaayyyy too tight & saying that my spare tire was noticable is an understatement!! But my pants on the other hand...are kinda the same.
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    For me, the most noticeable was in my lower body area especially my hips, thighs and calves. About 15lbs in, my jeans were loose and I had to use belts to hoist them up. But only when I hit 20lbs did I begin to see changes in my stomach and upper body area. Still need to work on those areas but I'm getting there. The best thing to do is to be patient and consistent! All the best!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I had 30 pounds to lose total and dropped a pants size every 10 pounds for the most part. If you click on my profile, I list my weight and corresponding size as I went along. I am also pear shaped so most of the weight lost was coming from my lower half.
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think its different for each person. I'm at 9.5 lbs lost since October 25 ( i guess the ticker rounds up?)... and I can tell in SOME things but not in others. I did the 30 day shred, and I lost lots of inches really fast, so that made a difference. My jeans still "fit" in the rear and thighs but are a little baggier... but they are WAY loose around my waist (where most of my inches came off). Some of my "snug" shirts also feel a little less snug, but I dont know if it's VISIBLY noticeable or if I just feel a little slimmer in that area. Im still working out but taking a break from the shred... just doing elliptical and walking... but i think after another round of the shred I may be able to drop down a jean size. :)

Good Luck, and its a GREAT feeling when you start to "tell" a difference - and when others start to notice. :)
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm very apple shaped. So my pants may get looser around the legs and butt a lot quicker than i am able to fit into a smaller size for my waist. My shirts do seem to fit better or maybe i just feel like they do, but the jeans i still can't wear. I've only lost 6 lbs though. I would think in the next ten pounds you should see a nice difference.
  • kat_renee
    Options
    I'm very apple shaped. So my pants may get looser around the legs and butt a lot quicker than i am able to fit into a smaller size for my waist. My shirts do seem to fit better or maybe i just feel like they do, but the jeans i still can't wear. I've only lost 6 lbs though. I would think in the next ten pounds you should see a nice difference.
    I hope so. :) I'll keep you updated.