Does missing a few days of 30 Day Shred hurt?

I just started doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I planned on doing it 30 days in a row, no break, but I just realized, I can't do that.

I go with my husband every 4th week on the Semi he drives for 3-4 days, usually Tues-Thurs, sometimes into Fri.

I am going to try to do it on Tues before I leave and Thurs/Fri when I get back, but I will miss Weds and maybe Thurs if we don't get back until Fri.

I was going to write down the exercises and attempt to do them in the "shower" room, but not sure that'll work and I can't do it in the truck, to small and cramped with a dog with us.. I don't want to kick him lol, and it will be to cold to do it beside the truck.. let alone embarressing!

We are leaving this coming Tuesday and I am only on day 3 today, so I'd be on day 9 on Weds.

What do you guys think I should do? Would it hurt to miss a day or 2 or should I do everything I can to attempt it even if it doesn't turn out right?

Replies

• Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    No, you'll be fine. You're supposed to take a day off anyway. Taking 2-3 is fine as long as you jump back into it. I did the same thing and still saw results.

Have fun with it! And enjoy your trip with no worries.
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    I think you should be fine. I've seen people post on here that they heard a podcast that Jillian was in and she said the DVD was not meant to be done for 30 days in a row. Your muscles need time to heal up.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    I agree w/Lanna, do what you can when u can. As long as u do u will still get results:)
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    I'm doing ripped in 30 but there's no way I can do it every day - things happen. But I make a point to complete the levels as if I were. So I do 7 days of one level no matter what. I try and keep it to only a couple days here and there mostly for motivation purposes and keeping up the strength needed to get through it all. ripped in 30 is brutal!
  • i used the DVDs at my leisure, and using it to get some cardio exercise in when I don't hit the gym or go running. I'm not following any sort of plan
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 619 Member
    you'll be fine! I've noticed though that since you do the exercise so many days in a row, you'll remember them...so maybe just bring your weights along with you and if you feel like it/ have time then do a couple exercises each night just to keep with it...you could prob even do some bicep curls while riding with him! BUt if you end up skipping the whole 2-3 days, thats not gonna be a big deal either as long as you start it up when you get back
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    If I don't take 1 day off after every 2 days of doing it, I noticed my scale won't move and I get frustrated lol. My muscles are so tense and I can't hardly move. So I have decided I'll do it 2 days in a row and then break with light exercise.
  • ladyprincess99
    ladyprincess99 Posts: 70 Member
    You should be fine taking a break, I have a migraine today so she will not be seeing me this Morning LOL.
  • nborsh22
    nborsh22 Posts: 72 Member
    I am about to start 30 DS also. I wasn't planning to do it 30 days straight either, glad to hear it still works being spread out. I would like to do it 2-3 days per week while still running 1-2 days. Hopefully it will still tone with that schedule.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    30DS is my workout video of choice right now. I definitely have seen results, but I haven't done it daily. Sometimes after I've skipped a few days, I'll notice a little difference in my stamina, but I agree that your muscles do need a break sometimes. I'd just remember that sitting in the truck for those long hours is more sedentary so to watch calories closely AND HAVE FUN!
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Yup there's no harm in taking a break...in fact it will give your body the rest it needs to heal and repair muscles. I took a couple days off the 30DS when I caught the flu bug, and got back on track after that. If you really want to maintain the daily schedule, you can consider repeating the level or week. :)
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    30DS is my workout video of choice right now. I definitely have seen results, but I haven't done it daily. Sometimes after I've skipped a few days, I'll notice a little difference in my stamina, but I agree that your muscles do need a break sometimes. I'd just remember that sitting in the truck for those long hours is more sedentary so to watch calories closely AND HAVE FUN!

I know, this is my 4th trip out.. it's hard, but I think I have it figured out.