Im broken... but ready to continue

Options
Well I lost my job. Moved back home with mom. Got in a car accident. Had surgery from the accident. Had a fractured knee cap that is now being held together by two screws and a wire. Oh and don't forget to add the next month ill be in a full leg cast.

So ... I'm back... I'm reaching out for some help here. Went grocery shopping yesterday and bought lots of Yummy fruit and veggies. I'm ready to lose weight but its gonna be so hard for me because I've never not been able to exercise. :( and I just need to start feeling better about myself.

And I would like to be able to fit into my clothes when my cast comes off. As of right now its leggings that I cut to fit over the cast so I could have a long pant on my left leg. And of course shorts.

How's that for some bad luck?? Ugh.

Replies

• rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's tough. I'm sure you're very limited in what you can do right now but if you're going to PT, ask them if it's ok if you stay after to use the UBE (its the arm bike and it's a good way to get some cardio if you're non weight bearing). Good luck to you and stay positive. Remember this is a temporary situation and you'll be back on your feet in no time! :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There are still exercises you can do. You can get resistance bands/ free weights and work out your upper body. It will help you burn some calories and might help you feel a little better too!
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    Be thankful you're alive and have a mother to move in with. You have the time to get yourself to where you want to be, be thankful for that. I'm all about the power of positive thinking :0)

Much luck to you :drinker:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    When it rains it pours. Tough on you I am sure, but hang in there. The upper body with resistance bands is a great idea and add a few light weights if you can.
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i read somewhere that weight lost is 80% the way you eat and 20% exercise. but if you really feel the need to do a work out do upper body. thats what i would think
  • hillaryreid
    Options
    Thanks for the feed back guys, just from reading those I am inspired! I haven't started pt yet but when I do I will for sure be hitting up that machine. The thing about using bands and weights is I'm afraid ill just gain muscle and not lose the fat. Haha my mom has the shake weight maybe ill try that...
  • Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    "Where you are is a great place to be. Because from where you are, you can go anywhere you decide to go. When you live in the past, you get stuck in a world that no longer exists. When you live in a fantasy of denial or wishful thinking, you sever your connection to the very reality that can move you forward. Here and now is where you are. Here and now is where you can be your best. Here and now is full of opportunities and brimming with possibilities. Here and now your actions have consequences and you can control those consequences by wisely choosing those actions. Here and now you have power, the power to change your life. You may not have chosen where you are right now. Yet that really doesn't matter. What matters is what you choose to do now that you're here. You are in a great position right here, right now. As soon as you accept, acknowledge and appreciate where you are, you can begin to move to precisely where you would like to be. Make the most of your good fortune right here, right now."
  • hillaryreid
    Options
    Oh and yes we are so very lucky! My two baby boys (3&5) were in the back seat, both got bruising from the seatbelt but my younger one got a concussion and major bruising to his forhead and eyes. Still not sure what happened cause his carseats was on and worked but oh my gosh it was seriously the worst experience to have that happen and to have two babes in the back screaming for you and you can't get to them cause u are trapped.

We were in a Honda accord and a 2011 chevy truck forgot to yeild for his left turn on my green light and hit us almost head on going 30-35ish. Good news is he has full coverage and is gonna cover everything.
  • hillaryreid
    Options
    PaintMePreppy- love that!!!