ugh gaining 4 lbs over night?! I HATE SALT.

Options
i'm pretty sure it's the salt...i had lots of soup from restaurants last night. but my question is...if i up my water and eat some good fibrous and water filled foods will i be good by morning? i need to lose that 4 lbs of water retention or the weight watchers scale wil say i gained a bazillion pounds!!!

any other tricks for getting back to normal after a salty day?

Replies

• sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Yes and if you drink late at night ... I had the same problem when I used salt - it will easily come off :) x
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    At least you know you didn't truly 'gain' 4 lbs. It is simply water retention. Drink extra water and all will be fine.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Also drink lots of water at the same time you are eating sodium rich foods, not only after.
  • davistd1
    davistd1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Water weight stinks... salt is my enemy... try citrus with your water,,, that will help too
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Drinking the water to "flush" the sodium is a great idea, but be warned, it may not happen in one day. It sometimes takes 3-4 days for me to flush the sodium out.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. I just lost 2 lbs of water retention and back to the good weight, my boyfriend had to explain that to me this morning actually..lol. It did take me about 3 days to lose.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    ...and only weigh yourself ONCE per week.... you will add to the mental chaos if you keep checking on the scale...
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    GREEN TEA.
  • kseier
    kseier Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i know i should only weight myself once a week but i feel like if it's a bad number i can "catch myself" before i get to the weight watchers scal :S
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I retain water HORRIBLY. :( I drink ONE soda... or put salt on ONE meal... and within a few hours I can feel myself bloating up. I actually made a dr appointment to discuss it - it concerns me that its so drastic. Plus I can drink and drink and drink all day, but don't urinate an adequate amt for what Im drinking.

Anyhow - I agree - drink LOTS of water both after and WITH your high-sodium intake ... water weight stinks but it will come off. :)