Protein Shakes, need suggestions

Options
My daily protein needs to be stepped up, so I am looking for some suggestions for some high quality, good tasting protein shakes that works well with the South Beach Diet. I am going strictly by the diet, currently phase one, and some days I am not even coming close to the 1200 calories that I need (by My Fitness Pal calculations) and because I have set my nutritional values for carbs/proteins/fats to what the ZONE diet suggests, 40/30/30, I am falling short on my protein.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure I am getting enough calories in each day, while sticking to the no/low sugar/carbs part of the diet.

Thanks!

CC

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    dymatize iso-100 would probably work for you
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    All i know is... i'm not sharing mine.
  • cmw2011
    cmw2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't know the balance you need, but I use Herbalife. It tastes great and the weight is definitely coming off!
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There are so many out there and you will probably get a hundred different suggestions. The best one for you will be the one that you like the taste of. Make sure it is a good quality Whey protein, that is high inprotein, but low in carbs and sugar. I use several, One is Body Fortress, Fairly inexpensive and taste pretty good although a little sweet for me. But it has 26 grams protein and 4 carbs. The other one I use is Syntrax Nectar, this comes in a variety of fruit flavors, Iced tea, cappachino, and is very tasty. It has 24 grams of protein and 4 carbs. I had weight loss surgery so I try to get in 100 grams of protein min a day so the shakes are inportant to me if I can't do it by food. Good luck.

Jodi
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    After a lot of research, we decided the Jay Robb brand. Compare ingredients - some have a lot of 'extras' you may not want/need
  • thekat78
    thekat78 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    True Athlete has 20g whey protein.
    Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate (or any flavor) has 25g
    Jillian Michael's Whey has 20g I think.

Here's a good whey sight. It REALLY depends on what you want out of your diet and your final goals. Like trying to build muscle and tone muscle are two different whey powders. Careful choosing, cause there are some that will bulk you. :)

http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2108294&camp=ppc:508612&affcode=508612&sr=1&origkw=whey&searchdef=2269848&k_clickid=78e4bc96-370e-19e8-6a43-000059625d32&021=4117436&002=2269848&004=2280422474&005=12009021&006=8794166594&007=Search&008=
  • ceruleanInks
    Options
    I drink the Myoplex Lite drinks. They sell them already mixed and there are 20 grams of protein in the Lite ones.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I like spiru-tein. It's got a lot of protein, vitamins, and is delicious.
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this gives me some ideas.. I live up in the mountains, so I will have to be doing some mail order on a few to see how I like them!

I do appreciate all your help!
  • geonomix
    Options
    Try BodyByVi and you will fall in love. 75gr of sodium and 90 calories. You can blend it in water, milk, soy, almond, or rice milk. Tastes like cake mix and you can mix it with whatever you want.