Just started!

Options
Some friends and I were just saying yesterday how we need motivation!! So we are all joining up here and trying to motivate each other! My personal goal is to loose a bit of weight but also to define muscle. Since my last pregnancy I have lost almost 40 lbs over the years. Now that my kids are older as am I, I want to focus on my health! Holding myself accountable to only me is NOT working!!! LOL I love my treadmill but that won't define muscle as much as I would like. I am addicted to Oxygen and Fitness magazines but actually doing the hard work in there is HARD!!! Imagine that LOL So here I am putting it out there and publicly challenging myself and I hope you guys will help me!!! I look forward to following your progress and hearing your feedback :)

Replies

• Hsnopi
    Hsnopi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I understand that. I am not in love with weights but I do love to go out and chop wood for an hour. But...we're out of wood. The treadmill is fantastic for cardio so that is awesome. keep that up.

Since I've joined I've lost 4 pounds but hey, it's a start.

Joining up is definitely good. I actually have this place set as my home page on my browser so I have to see it every day as a reminder. and then I try to log all my food.

Start small on weights and work up. You CAN do it!
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    I just joined a couple of weeks ago and this is a nice and useful place. I started trying to lose weight this summer and reached a point where not much was happening. Advice kept coming to me to keep track of my food intake. I resisted but when I reached that plateau I decided to give it a try. At first it was a spreadsheet but that was too hard. One night I did a search online and found this site. Glad I did.

I've learned a lot about weight loss (what works and what doesn't) from reading many of the notes people have posted. Be sure to go to the Settings section and set some realistic goals (like losing a pound a week). It's kind of fun to enter the foods into the diary.

Good luck to you and your friend.