Do you ever wonder...

Options
If you are entering the information correctly, sometimes I wonder. Everything I look up is pretty much accurate, I do get a little leary about entering meats, it just seem like some days I have way to much to each and others hardly anything. Just curious if anyone else feels this way sometimes.

Replies

• TammieD
    TammieD Posts: 22
    Options
    If you are entering the information correctly, sometimes I wonder. Everything I look up is pretty much accurate, I do get a little leary about entering meats, it just seem like some days I have way to much to each and others hardly anything. Just curious if anyone else feels this way sometimes.
  • Hetfield
    Hetfield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've noticed it too. I sometimes am unsure of portion size so I usually put in a little on the bigger side since I probably forget to add things too!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    I was JUST thinking this same thing! I went over 229 calories today - after my workout I got to eat 1600 calories, so how did I eat that much? It's 8:52 p.m. and my stomach is GROWLING!

Have I over counted something? I guess I can't have done that bad if my stomach is growling, right?

I'll have a delicious evening snack of refreshing water with a crisp side of ice cubes.
    :ohwell:

I wonder if wrestling with the kids at the grocery store should have been counted as exercise... hmmm......:tongue:
  • TammieD
    TammieD Posts: 22
    Options
    Ok perfect example, I just tried to enter a food under the snack and I even tried to edit the nutrition info and it still will not come up with the correct info. It should be 220 calories and it comes up 200.:angry: oh and here is another thing, I went to print out my report for the day and on my report it has 96 calories left for the day, and on my home page it say 97:huh: ????
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I was JUST thinking this same thing! I went over 229 calories today - after my workout I got to eat 1600 calories, so how did I eat that much? It's 8:52 p.m. and my stomach is GROWLING!

Have I over counted something? I guess I can't have done that bad if my stomach is growling, right?

I'll have a delicious evening snack of refreshing water with a crisp side of ice cubes.

I wonder if wrestling with the kids at the grocery store should have been counted as exercise... hmmm......:tongue:

What are you eating? I've earned almost 800 extra cals today, plan to eat to about 1800. I'm at 1500 after dinner, and I'm stuffed! Planning a bedtime snack!:bigsmile: I've had lots of veggies and fruit and protein- no bread, cereal, rice, etc.

Back to the question- you should get a food scale to measure your protein in ounces. This is very eye-opening but allows you to be honest about it!!:flowerforyou:
  • 135gratitude
    Options

What are you eating? I've earned almost 800 extra cals today, plan to eat to about 1800. I'm at 1500 after dinner, and I'm stuffed! Planning a bedtime snack!:bigsmile: I've had lots of veggies and fruit and protein- no bread, cereal, rice, etc.

Back to the question- you should get a food scale to measure your protein in ounces. This is very eye-opening but allows you to be honest about it!!:flowerforyou:

Yes - I do have to measure MUCH better than I've been doing (although it's onyl day 3 ) - I overestimated breakfast yesterday by 80 calories, and my hummus and veg snack by 70 calories. I always go on the cautious side, and estimate high, but I'm cheatinng myself out of calories! I just HAVE to measure - no more eyeballing portions for me!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If you measure everything and check and recheck the nutritional info, you'll be fine. There are plenty of people using the site as a basis for their weight loss goals and achievements.

Yesterday, I put in an ounce of cheese that I had eaten....same brand everything...and someone had entered that the cheese had a -1 carb. I didn't quite get that, but laughed.

It's not absolutely perfect because users put in foods into the database, but take it for what it's worth and if you stick with it, you'll see results.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is one of my biggest downfalls. I have a see food/want food mentality so basically I feel like I have to take a bite (or two) of whatever I want. I have a bad tendency to pick off my kids plates. Also have a very hard time determining how much food is in my recipes, especially things like stir frys (I tend to take more of the vegetables my husband doesn't like, and leave more meat for him) I will never understand marinades and such because even if it has soaked for hours there is always marinade left in the bowl.
    In the long run I probably overestimate most of these things though.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    This is one of my biggest downfalls. I have a see food/want food mentality so basically I feel like I have to take a bite (or two) of whatever I want. I have a bad tendency to pick off my kids plates. Also have a very hard time determining how much food is in my recipes, especially things like stir frys (I tend to take more of the vegetables my husband doesn't like, and leave more meat for him) I will never understand marinades and such because even if it has soaked for hours there is always marinade left in the bowl.
    In the long run I probably overestimate most of these things though.

I just posted a site that calculates the calories in recipes - it is SO simple - unbelievable really! Myabe that would help?

I ALSO pick off my kids' plates! I have to fight that urge.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Somedays I could eat everything in site! Good on ya for shrinking that stomach!