under my calorie goal!

Options
2»

Replies

• cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You really need to try to fit in more calories during the day. You are putting yourself at risk to your body long term. It might not show up now but it will down the road. Try gradually adding some calories into your day, like maybe 25-50 so it's not so drastic. By not feeding your body the calories and proteins it needs just for organ functions it sounds like it has slowed down to make up for the lack of calories to burn. I didn't look at your diary yet but try for your health's sake to get it increased a little bit.

I just looked at your diary, I would suggest taking your highest calorie day so far and trying to add 1 more thing into it, preferably a high protein item to at least get more calories (I know there is ice cream in there but.). If you can afford it, buy some good quality protein powder and start having a protein shake in the morning and as a snack in the evening. That will give you a lot more protein, very important for muscle preservation. If you lose weight without adequate protein intake your body will use your muscle for fuel too!
  • aoede
    aoede Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight without adequate protein intake your body will use your muscle for fuel too!

No, it won't. Your body can take energy from amino acids which make up proteins, which are available in your muscles and organs, like your heart, but will only do so when there is no glucose (blood sugar), glycogen (stored in the liver) or fat left. You only take muscle for fuel when you are literally starving - when you have not eaten for weeks. Eating extra protein to help in the repair and growth of muscles used in exercise is a completely different issue to them being burned by the body as fuel.

Having said that, the dairy for the last couple of days isn't so bad. Before that it looked terrible - skipping meals and eating Maccas icecream instead. The last few days you have been doing better.