Too Sick to stay at work???

Options
SMCNEIL40
SMCNEIL40 Posts: 80 Member
Ok, I have a question....

I have a cold. Not even that just a yucky cough and that is it. I do not have a fever, my nose is not running and I do not feel bad at all. It only hurts because of the hacking I am making when I cough.

I am a firm believer in not spreading germs and making others sick, so I am trying to figure out if I should go home. I do not want to waste time when I am not too sick. Plus I am not the only one around with some type of cold. I do not have to move around a lot today so I will not be around a lot of people.

Tell me how you would feel if you were my co-workers or if it were you. I want to do what is right for the safety of the others around me.

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I would stay at work with some tissues and hand sanitizer near by, some cough drops, and some hot tea!

If u dont have to do too much today thats gonna involve getting other sick then I think its all good that u stay at work.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you are asking if you are too sick, you probably are.
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think if you dont have a lot going on you are better to go home and rest!
  • malaika1981
    malaika1981 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I think if you dont have a lot going on you are better to go home and rest!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    No fever and feeling okay except for a cough, I'd stay.
  • susanmax
    Options
    I would stay at work! If it's just a cough just be careful about not coughing on people and you should be fine. Drink lots! It seems like a waste to take a sick day if you aren't feeling that bad!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    If it's not a food service job and it's just a cold or something and not strep, then I would stay. Just keep washing your hands and doing your best not to spread it.
  • cinephile007
    Options
    I think it depends on what you do. I have a job where I am on my feet all day and that really makes it hard to work when you are sick. If you have your own cubicle and get to sit down all day I might stay. You do not want to get others sick plus you might miss more days if you try to work through it.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I would stay at work with some tissues and hand sanitizer near by, some cough drops, and some hot tea!

If u dont have to do too much today thats gonna involve getting other sick then I think its all good that u stay at work.
    Yeah, I'd save up my sick leave for when the nose starts running and you feel like you've been hit by a Mac truck. Maybe stay as long as you can, and than leave early today? That way if you get worse and call out tommorow, your boss will sort of be expecting it.