Pounds lost - What do you think?

So far, I have lost 14.6 pounds. Do you think that's good for 2 months of dieting? Sometimes I feel great about it, but then I start to feel like I'm not doing enough. (Should probably stop watching Biggest Loser, what with their 5-15 pounds lost in 1 week.:grumble: ) Guess I just need reassurance.:smile:

Replies

• yoopergirl
    yoopergirl Posts: 41 Member
    Keep in mind the biggest losers are exercising HARD 8-12 hrs per day. For healthy long term weight loss, the goal is still 1-2#/wk. You are doing GREAT!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Last year when I was heavier and therefore losing at a faster pace, I'd still plateau or get a bit down on myself (heck, I even do that now but am better at bouncing back quickly). The key for me was to do an average. So let's assume 4 weeks in a month....that means you've lost an average of 1.8 pounds per week, which is absolutely fantastic!!

I love Biggest Loser but it really can be tough for folks who have a tendency to compare their results with others. I'm sure if you lived on a ranch without kids or a job to worry about and had access to a gym and trainers and only the best foods, you'd lose weight quicker too. But we live in the real world so that's just not how it's going to work.

Be proud of yourself!!
  • I'll trade you weight loss!! I've only lost about 5lbs in 50 days hahaha..
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    The Biggest Loser is an EXTREME situation which a lot of people question how healthy it actually is. Slow and steady is the best (to my understanding) for your body and overall health. Be proud of your accomplishments and keep up the great work! :) You can do it!

So far, I have lost 14.6 pounds. Do you think that's good for 2 months of dieting? Sometimes I feel great about it, but then I start to feel like I'm not doing enough. (Should probably stop watching Biggest Loser, what with their 5-15 pounds lost in 1 week.:grumble: ) Guess I just need reassurance.:smile:
  • tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Keep in mind the biggest losers are exercising HARD 8-12 hrs per day. For healthy long term weight loss, the goal is still 1-2#/wk. You are doing GREAT!

AGREED with everything said.
  • WausauMom
    WausauMom Posts: 17 Member
    You're doing great! Don't let reality TV discourage you, the contestants on The Biggest Loser exercise all day every day and are on a very restricted diet...I heard some where they were only allowed 800 calories a day (I could be wrong though). Any loss is a good loss and is showing you are doing something right. Be proud and celebrate losing those 15 pounds!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    you know slow and steady wins the race... started at 220 on 20 July, now at 199 - 21 lbs lost

but I have lost inches and my clothes / jewelry are getting smaller....

biggest loser is great - but they will probably all gain it back at some point....
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    1 lbs per week is excellent progress. It's all relative though, fatter people can comfortable lose quicker.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    I think you are doing fantastic! You have lost a lot more than I have in the past 3 months...LOL! Biggest Loser contestants workout day in day out so you are doing well for not being confiened to a gym all day. Keep up the good work.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Don't compare yourself to them!! Biggest loser people or the Iused to be fat kids work out for 5-12 hours a day!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member

no, that is AWESOME!! 7 lbs a month is GREAT!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    I say congrats on your 14 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race. I am down 57 pounds and it took 2 years. But the eating habits I have cultivated are priceless. It's staying off. As for the Biggest Loser I just use it for motivation and to look at that sexy,sexy Dolvett. Not realism.