rice.. help!

Options
so i have some leftover rice and im bakin chicken to go along with it but im a gravy person and i dont want to use gravy its already white rice anysuggestions to spice it up....

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce (just a little ) or garlic salt and some veggies.
  • re08scue
    re08scue Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Tomato sauce (low sodium if you have it).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Add some black beans and peppers.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Salsa!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I like rice vinegar, personally.
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Curry powder!
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    wow! thnx for posting! now i have some great options since I love rice and gravy too :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Add some black beans and peppers.

Yuuuummmmmm
  • 1Ciarrah
    1Ciarrah Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fluffy Rice or Sticky Rice?? If sticky use Soy Sauce or make some fried rice adding the chicken and some veggies. I just don't know how it would work if you have fluffy rice.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Make chicken fried rice. Make sure the rice is cold and break it up. Get a frying pan hot and then add a small amount of oil. dump the rice into the hot oil along with some deboned chicken and some green onions chopped thin. Stir and toss until it is heated thru and then beat up an egg , make a small area in the center of the rice to pour the egg in and then as it starts to cook mix it all in, then add a little bit of soy sauce and what is really good to add is shredded iceberg lettuce, and tossed thru the last minute of cooking. Dont leave it to long. Bean sprouts are good too, but I prefer the lettuce.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Long grain white rice works best. sticky rice will get mushy.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sriracha.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    If you want it saucy why not make a sorta-gravy? I like to saute mushrooms and onion and then add a little broth and cornstarch - makes a nice sauce for chicken and rice.