Dog Sledding

Options
In January I am going Dog Sledding, Cross Country Skiing, and Snow Shoeing for the first time, It's a winter extravaganza! I'm most excited about the dog sledding, although I'm hoping I'm really going to enjoy snow shoeing since I really need another outdoor winter activity that i can do daily to keep me on progress. Anyone else have outdoor activity suggestions for this season?

Also, Looking for new friends with similar interests [vegetarian, hot air balloning, outdoor activities, nhl] to help in my journey as Ive hit a bit of a low point...

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Dog sledding is Alaskas state sport, where are you doing it?

I am in the process of learning how to snowboarding but cross country skiing and snowshoeing are great cardio workouts.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Where I live, if there's precipitation in the winter it's typically freezing rain, which turns to ice. So envious you can do all that exciting stuff!

So for me, long hikes are the go-to family activity.
  • shannonewallace
    shannonewallace Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dog sledding is Alaskas state sport, where are you doing it?

I am in the process of learning how to snowboarding but cross country skiing and snowshoeing are great cardio workouts.

I won't be dogsledding in Alaska, although that would be the place to really get the experience! Snowboarding has always looked fun, someday I may give that a try, but for now I want to stick with something I could do often, make it part of my "workout routine".
  • shannonewallace
    Options
    Where I live, if there's precipitation in the winter it's typically freezing rain, which turns to ice. So envious you can do all that exciting stuff!

So for me, long hikes are the go-to family activity.

oh wow, freezing rain and ice, that doesnt sound too fun, but it's nice you still get out to hike! that's what we have done in the past, just some nice hikes with our dogs, atleast it's still getting out in the open fresh air!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    NHL means non-hodgkins lymphoma to me... Do you have a different meaning?
  • shannonewallace
    Options
    NHL means non-hodgkins lymphoma to me... Do you have a different meaning?

wow. i guess thats the trouble with acronyms ... i was thinking national hockey league. although, someone i know was diagnosed and is just recently celebrating a remission from non-hodgkins lymphoma, and I am a supporter of cancer awareness (specifically brain cancer)!