waist measurements

Options
i know that for women a healthy waist circumference is anything below 35 but i am curious to see if anyone has any ideal number in mind? i am looking for some comparisons i know that one way to determine is by taking your height and dividing it by two, i got 32.5 which is where i currently am though i am still going to lose more and hopefully shrink some yet. any ideas or opinions i would love to hear them!

Replies

• mestupscout
    mestupscout Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I remember hearing years ago, that your waist should be 10" less than your bust. I'd like to know what others think too.
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that height method works since it says I should have a measurement of 34. Whenever I'm at my thinnest (which, for me, means abs showing), I have a 28 inch waist, which could be attributed to my wide rib cage. :ohwell:
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    10" less than my bust?! Holy crap! :noway: Not fair for us flat-chested women. I don't think I'd exist with a 23" waist...
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    10" less than my bust?! Holy crap! :noway: Not fair for us flat-chested women. I don't think I'd exist with a 23" waist...

The Victoria's Secret models have 22-24" waists, so it's possible!
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've heard that the waist/hip ratio is more important for health reasons. Healthy is below .80 but the "ideal" (both health and psychologically) is about .70

(waist / hips = #)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    mine is 22 3/4 inches....i dont know how you would do the math on that
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is no way I'd ever have a waist 10" less than my bust, short of implants or a corset. :laugh:
    I have a 30" waist...I think it would be nice to have a 28" waist but we'll see how it goes.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I had a 22" waist...but that was in my early twenties! LOL

The 1/2 your height measurement is used to predict if you are at a higher risk of heart disease. That measurement would be the max before they consider you at risk if that's any help! =)
  • sheffyce27
    Options
    thanks for all the great input!
  • kit548emt
    Options
    I think it's a waist to hip ratio. I found this website:

http://www.fitness-and-bodybuilding-workouts.com/ideal-female-body-measurements.html

I'm at a 32 right now and I think ultimately I'd like to end up at a 28.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    There is no magic number that is going to be ideal for all women. That flies in the face of reality. The waist-to-hip ratio is a good guideline, though.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My waist right now is a 30.5 and my navel is 32. I think ultimately, by the time I'm done, I'll be like a 28 even or something. Not really sure but I just want it to be flatter than it is now. :indifferent: