Obsessed with my Wii Fit

Options
lol is anyone else as obsessed as I am? I have to make sure I get on that thing everyday. I've purchased almost all of the extra stuff for it. I actually just picked up the fitness bundle today because Toys R Us had the Wii Fit stuff 25% off. So I now have the board protector, travel bag and the fitness yoga mat.

I know someone brought up the fitness coach program before and I thought about picking it up but does it use the balance board?

With my Wii though I just wish it was more interactive online with other people. You can get the internet with your Wii but I wish there was a way to play with other people....maybe a group run or even a step aerobic class.

:tongue:

Replies

• megan145
    megan145 Posts: 67
    Options
    lol is anyone else as obsessed as I am? I have to make sure I get on that thing everyday. I've purchased almost all of the extra stuff for it. I actually just picked up the fitness bundle today because Toys R Us had the Wii Fit stuff 25% off. So I now have the board protector, travel bag and the fitness yoga mat.

I know someone brought up the fitness coach program before and I thought about picking it up but does it use the balance board?

With my Wii though I just wish it was more interactive online with other people. You can get the internet with your Wii but I wish there was a way to play with other people....maybe a group run or even a step aerobic class.

:tongue:
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    Hey there! I'm obsessed, too - if for no other reason than I don't want my little wii fit animated board to yell at me if I miss a workout. ;)

My Fitness Coach doesn't use the balance board -- it's for the Wii, not the Wii Fit. But it is still worth it -- it's really an amazing workout!

Great idea about being able to interact with others through the Wii -- that would be really cool!
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    I've been thinking of buying one, because I heard it is low impact. Is it low impact?
  • Yewkon
    Yewkon Posts: 34
    Options
    Ya Wii Fit is about as low impact as you can get and still burn calories, besides a water aerobics class. However, you can (but dont have to) do a running in place exercise, which is as high impact as the Wii Fit gets. If fact, if you jump on the balance board the game will pause and scold you.

My Fitness Instructor is a bit higher impact, as there is some hopping, but it's really not too much even with a 6 inch step.

I like mixing video games in with my workouts and I like changing my workout routines around.

Currently, I mix a little Wii Fit hula hoop with My Fitness Instructor and P90x workouts, with a little Billy Blanks Tae Bo (with the resistance bands) thrown in, and even a little DDR now and then.

Of all my workouts, I think Wii Fit is the least impact.
  • megan145
    Options
    I think it's pretty low impact. My mom also has a Wii Fit and she has serious arthritis in both of her knees and it hasn't given her any problems. I think the only ones that might give someone issues is the skiing (just due to the weight you put on your knees in the squatting position).
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lmdavis804
    Options
    What is that pink wii fit challenge thing that you have on your post dated 4/28/09? It is kind of neat. I also love my wii fit.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You guys should write in and give Wii the suggestion .. maybe they don't know how fun that would be.
  • cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    so i really want to get the wii fit! but i was wondering how much it costs and also if the extra stuff is required (like the yoga mat and ankle weights, etc.)?
  • megan145
    Options
    What is that pink wii fit challenge thing that you have on your post dated 4/28/09? It is kind of neat. I also love my wii fit.

That is my tracker for the Wii Fit Challege that a group of us have been doing on here. More info in the Wii Fit Challenge thread.

As far as the accessories... The Wii Fit bundle (yoga mat, board protector and travel bag in the Wii Fit green) retails for $39.99. You can also get the bundle in pink now. The remote holsters are $19.99 (for running). The Wii balance board gel cover is $17.99 (in blue, pink or Wii Green). Wii Fit carrying bags $18.99 (in blue, pink, Wii Green and black). Ankle and wrist weights are $16.99, boxing gloves $22.99, yoga bag (oriental print in gold and red) $ $38.99.

The Wii console is usually $250 and the Wii Fit is $89 but you can also get them used for around $50 at places like Game Crazy.
  • megan145
    Options
    oh! I forgot to add that there are balance board extensions to raise the height of the board for better step aerobics....the ONLY place i've seen it was at Babys R Us for $29.99...i have yet to get those.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    There is also a new game coming out May 19th from ea sports called EA Sports Active. It's an exercise program that also uses the balance board. It also includes resistance bands and the leg holsters for running. I'm excited about it and can't wait to get it. The advertisements say they are $60.

I love my wii fit. I use it everyday. Stepping and boxing are my favorite.

Ive never heard of the balance board extensions but they sound cool. I just put my wii on my plastic stepper to elevate it.

Megan, thanks for the list! There were some things you listed that I didnt know existed.

I also have My Fitness Coach. I love her workouts - they really make me sweat. (lol, she has NO mercy!)

Cmstief, none of the extras are required. You need the Wii console, balance board, and wii fit game.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the idea of putting the balance board on my plastic reebok step!! What a great idea!! I'll have to dig it outta the back of my closet!! Thanks for sharing!!

I too am looking forward to the new EA game, however, I've not been using my Wii Fit for workouts as much as I had been & I'd hate to invest more $$ into it, but that step suggestion might just be the boost I need to add some excitement!!

I'm also going to check around the threads for that Wii Fit Challenge thread that megan mentioned!