How Many Calories??

Options
Hi,

i have only recently started my diet and i am 5'6 and weigh 162llbs and i was just wondering how many calories a day i should be consuming to loose weight? and i was also wondering how many calories all you guys are having a day to compare where im going wrong! Im currently trying to eat 1200 calories a day

any comments will be gladly appreciated!

Thank you

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    When you set up your MFP goals, it'll tell you how many calories you should consume a day. I currently consume between 1200-1500 calories a day (unless I have a cheat day, like yesterday) and do 30-60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.

I'm 5'10, and 175 lbs. My goal is 150

Good luck!

Morgan
  • manvsfood
    manvsfood Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Everybody's goal is different -- mines is 1790, but I've change it every month to work around my current workout. I eat more now because I'm doing P90X. More protein, less fat.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    MFP should be telling you this when you set up your profile. This is part of its purpose...
  • SharadaRose
    Options
    When you set up your MFP goals, it'll tell you how many calories you should consume a day. I currently consume between 1200-1500 calories a day (unless I have a cheat day, like yesterday) and do 30-60 minutes of exercise 6 days a week.

Good luck!

Morgan

Well Said. and way off topic but I freaking love your ticker....mmmm ERIC!:love:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and I am eating around 1500.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Morgan

Well Said. and way off topic but I freaking love your ticker....mmmm ERIC!:love:

My thoughts exactly... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
  • kjkb2tx
    Options
    Just for comparison, I am 5'-8" and i weighed almost 220 when I started. My calorie goal was 1798 when i started. MFP adjusted after I lost about 10 pounds. And my new goal is 1720 calories. So far so good as you can see from my badge below. Stay focused and consistent and don't beat yourself up if you mess up one day. You are only one meal away from getting back on track.
  • thumper925
    Options
    I am 162.4 and my nutriionest just ordered me to a 1200 calorie intake and when i get closer to goal weight it will raise until i am at a consumption to maintain my new weight.
  • MFP will calculate your daily calorie intake for you. You can also "earn" extra calories from exercise and you will find lots of debate here about eating back your extra calories. I personally try to use them as a kind of safety net. I don't really try to eat them back, but sometimes they are nice to have in case you go over your normal number. Good luck on your journey here and remember it is a marathon, not a sprint :) There are lots of great people on here that will encourage you and help you.