How obscure is your playlist?

Options
cantjustcant
cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
I was in the middle of my run/walk today and was thinking about some of the stupid songs I have on my list.

My favorite is Punk Rock Girl by the dead milk men...

When I hit the end of my street I flip it to "Hail to the Victors" so I end in my driveway to the Michigan fight song.

So what's on yours?

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    haha Well I use my ipod in my truck and I have a whole crap load of music for my niece on there but today it went from
    White Wedding (cover) - Wednesday 13 to if your happy and you know it lol

I have a pretty broad spectrum from punk to country on my Ipod so its always hilarious when I put it on shuffle.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Eddie Rabbit to Suicidal Tendencies
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Got all sorts of stuff on my playlist... Mostly industrial or EBM, but I also have video game music, movie scores, some rock, 80s music here and there.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Slipknot and Iron Maiden to Kenny G to Beethoven to Benny Benassi. Oh ya...my playlist is totally effed up!!! So I keep it on shuffle. XD
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    Got all sorts of stuff on my playlist... Mostly industrial or EBM, but I also have video game music, movie scores, some rock, 80s music here and there.

This!!!!!!
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I hit the end of my street I flip it to "Hail to the Victors" so I end in my driveway to the Michigan fight song.

Love it. GO BLUE!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I just hear a song on the radio and find the song title then put it on my iPod. =P Or just use Pandora since our gym has wifi. I'm wayyyyy too oblivious to know bands or celebrities. But the music is awesome so I won't complain I guess. :tongue:
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of my run/walk today and was thinking about some of the stupid songs I have on my list.

So what's on yours?

An Ohio woman that cheers for the correct team. Good job! *thumbs up*

I usually just listen to pandora on my phone.. on the Today's Country station. I'm so boring.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Anyone heard of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu? This song in particular really makes me want to get up and move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3IdLdIc6s

Note: I cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained whilst attempting the PONPONPON dance on exercise equipment :3
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well I just signed up for soundcloud.com and have been listening to this playlist recommended by Jillian Michaels via FB. It's a lot of house music which mixes up popular hip hop & r&b songs. I like a good beat to sweat to. I also have a playlist on playlist.com. I like Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO, Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas, On the Floor by JLO. It just depends on my mood but I'm always looking for new music to workout to. I work out strictly from home in my basement so I have full access to the computer for all my needs :)
  • merimeaux
    Options
    Well I just signed up for soundcloud.com and have been listening to this playlist recommended by Jillian Michaels via FB. It's a lot of house music which mixes up popular hip hop & r&b songs. I like a good beat to sweat to. I also have a playlist on playlist.com. I like Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO, Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas, On the Floor by JLO. It just depends on my mood but I'm always looking for new music to workout to. I work out strictly from home in my basement so I have full access to the computer for all my needs :)

hehe, my mom's current favorite song is "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO. Another good workout song. Although she usually calls them RLFAO, LFRAO, or any other random combination of letters.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I have Eminem, Rihanna, Elvis, LAMFO, Kids Scaring Kids, Bob Marley, Police, Linkin Park, Sublime, Anberlin, Classic Crime.....etc etc etc Oh yeah I am sure have some country nessled in there too. :))
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    I would say mine is fairly obscure given most people I know don't have Gregorian Chant on theirs.

I also have GoFish (Christian children's music) and everything from Elvis, Cash, 2Pac,Dre,Kid Rock,Metallica,techno....ect.

I have a ton of Rockabilly stuff on there too that most people have not heard of.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have a small mp3 player that only holds the music I run to. I've got country, rock, rap, and everything in between... whatever keeps me moving at a good pace. Kenny Chesney, Queen, Springsteen, Anberlin... good stuff. Confession... it also includes Touch Myself by Divinyls and Informer by Snow. :laugh: As far as obscurity, I've got some great songs by a Korean group called Big Bang... Beautiful Hangover and Lollipop are two of my faves to run to.
  • ecalonge
    Options
    Old school R&B, 70's/80's country, Prince, lots of Classic Rock, and a few oddities (Dengue Fever, Budos Band).
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    Anyone heard of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu? This song in particular really makes me want to get up and move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb3IdLdIc6s

Note: I cannot be held responsible for any injuries sustained whilst attempting the PONPONPON dance on exercise equipment :3

PONPONPON plays every single day for me... XD
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

yeah, but it's only really weird if you're trying to run to "Stuart"

I would put some $$ up that I would be really up there for most obscure, as most people have never heard of most of my music library, but I get the best (happiest) work out in at live shows, especially ska or folk-punk shows.

A small sampling: Those Poor *kitten*; World Inferno Friendship Society; Urinal Mints; Cletus Got Shot; Dead ****ing Last; Carrie Nation and the Speakeasy; Deal's Gone Bad; Ballydouse; Bad Brains; Chris Murray; 7 seconds; the Queers; Gogol Bordello; Harley Poe; Mischief Brew; Leftover Crack; Operation Ivy; Psalters; Scott H. Biram; The .357 String Band; The Goddamn Gallows; The Independents; The Beautys; The Nobodys; The Hooten Hallers; The Slackers; The Specials; Scotty Don't; Rachel Brooke; The Pogues; oh, and some Lesley Gore, she's the sht.

I can't hold still if there's good music on.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I would say mine is fairly obscure given most people I know don't have Gregorian Chant on theirs.

I also have GoFish (Christian children's music) and everything from Elvis, Cash, 2Pac,Dre,Kid Rock,Metallica,techno....ect.

I have a ton of Rockabilly stuff on there too that most people have not heard of.

LOL! I have Choral music on my Pandora playlist.

The others are Today's Hits, American Music (country), Celtic, Symphonic (mostly listen to), Solo Piano, Early Jazz, Easy Listening, Hits of the 90's, Smooth Jazz, Acoustic blues, Maroon 5 and Mozart has his own channel. I really have no idea what bands play either... I listen to it and enjoy it. Pretty lazy lol.
  • merimeaux
    Options

Awwww yeah :D Do you like Perfume? They're really upbeat and catchy, too. "Chocolate Disco" is fun.
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options

Awwww yeah :D Do you like Perfume? They're really upbeat and catchy, too. "Chocolate Disco" is fun.

I'm trying really hard to get into Perfume, but jpop doesn't have the same beat kpop does. :smooched: XD

Chocolate Disco is a great song!!! I know it sounds weird, but i switch between that and 2ne1's "I Am the Best." :DDDDDD

(yaaaaay asian pop lovers!!!!! :heart: )

And its old, but W's (i think that's them) song "Robo Kiss" is really cute too!!!!