e-Mealz

Options
I see several people asking about a menu, so I thought I would recommend one that we have enjoyed. www.e-mealz.com. The plans cost $15/3 months (or $12.50/3 months if you use the coupon code "Dave" at your signup). There are plans for 1-2 people that consist of 5 dinners per week, or plans for 4-6 people that consist of 7 dinners per week. Each menu also comes with a shopping list. There are plenty of plans available, from general menus to low-carb or gluten-free.

Having a shopping list really helps on trips to the grocery store. The lists are organized by section (frozen, produce, etc). Since I have my plan, its a lot easier to avoid wandering around - which keeps the cookies & chips from finding their way into my cart :) I just add in what we need for breakfast & lunches. Its really cut down on the time I have to spend grocery shopping, which is awesome!

And the recipes are so easy!! I am NOT a cook - I actually HATE cooking. But I can easily follow these recipes, and its helping me have more confidence in my cooking abilities too :)

My SIL recommended this to me a few months ago, and it has been GREAT for DH and I! We chose the Walmart low-fat plan for 1-2. Most dinners are in the 500-600 calorie range, and have great portions (rarely are we still wanting more afterward, most of the time we actually have leftovers!). I love that we are trying foods we never have before. It is also helping us to stick to our budget, which is a great bonus :)

But my favorite part is that it stops the "What are we going to have for dinner tonight?" questions!!

Replies

• faithfulrose
    faithfulrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    And if I could add, that the Low-Fat meals are MUCH better than the regular ones!

My hubby and I started with the regular ones and were disappointed that they seemed so bland. I finally figured out that they didn't include much in the way of seasonings, instead relying on the higher fat ingredients for flavor. We switched to the low-fat ones and haven't met a meal that we didn't like. They have great seasoning and plenty of flavor. My hubby who is not trying to lose weight right now really enjoys them and doesn't notice that they are low fat. Nice that I don't have to prepare two different meals for us!

One other thing: We have 9 month old quadruplets and these are so easy that I can get dinner cooked without going crazy with the rest of everything going on at our house. :-) And gosh, the pre-made shopping list is helpful! I needed those extra minutes back! :)