5'7 with 15-20 lbs to lose?

Options
Hiya I'm looking for some buddies that have the same weight loss goals as me... I just need to tone up a bit ( a lot really! lol) I'm finding it quite hard to stay motivated and keep the weight off.
I'm 148 now started 156, used to be 126 when younger but think that is maybe a bit too much for me, I looked too skinny then.
It seems a lot harder to only lose a few lbs and keep them off!

Replies

• Daniellerathey34
    Options
    I am at the SAME stage I want to lose 15 more pounds but just can't seem to get these off! I have lost 70 pounds since having my daughter but now have come to a stand still, you can add me and we can try to keep each other motivated :)
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have added you, I need all the motivation I can get at the minute, I really need someone following me kicking me up the behind all day haha :)
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
    I'm 5'5, about 9 lbs away from my goal weight but I think that once I reach that I may lower it by another 5 or 10 lbs. The last few are definitely the hardest!
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think we have really similar goals... I really don't want/need to lose that much weight, my ticker says 20 lbs but to be honest I will probably be happy with losing 5-10 as long as it's mostly fat :)

It does seem to be harder and take longer, but I'm sure it will be worth it :)
    I'll add you!
  • HouseTargaryen
    Options
    Ummm yess! I am 5'7 and 159.. I'd like to be maybe 140... perhaps even 135.. just depends.. I figure I'll know where I need to be when I get there!!

I lost 20 lbs last year and I've maintained.. though it seems like my body loves being at this weight and it's quite frustrating..

Add me!! We can keep each other on the right track. ;)
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Another 5 ft 7 incher here. I was down to 135 a long time ago, but even my doctor said I was too thin. I feel like I look amazing at 140, but can maintain better at 145, so that's my goal. It seems a long way away from my current 158.8, but I was almost 170 at my heaviest - so I'll take the losses. Hope you can keep moving in the right direction. Sounds like you've done really well so far. Good luck!
  • cmarie1020
    Options
    I have similar goals! I am 5"6 and want to lose 20 lbs. I also used to be around 125 back in highschool, but I think that is a bit much for me, so I my goal is 135. Add me if you'd like!
  • skinnymoomoo
    skinnymoomoo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls I have added you all, hopefully with a bit of motivation we can all meet our goals :)
  • pbear1
    pbear1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi, you can add me too. I'm 5'6 and about 151 now and want to get down to 140 but would be happy just to lose 5-7lbs this side of christmas. Would love the support to get myself back on track, have been stuck for the last few weeks! Good luck!
  • Aislingoshea
    Aislingoshea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi can ye add me! I'm 5" 7.5 and I want to cut down to 135lbs-140lbs by Christmas time-ish. During the summer I was 135lbs at my lowest and was 161lbs for the past few months now. I started dieting 2 and a half weeks ago (I think) and have lost 14lbs and am now 147lbs! :) I have 12 more lbs to go and need motivation and any new ideas to keep losing weight!
  • ambuney83
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am only 5'3" but would also like to lose 10-15 pounds. 20 would be ideal but hard to maintain. I am current 143 but was down to around 125 for my wedding last year. I think I stayed at that weight for about two weeks. Ha! It felt amazing but I am just looking feel good about myself again and be comfortable in my own skin. As of now the clothes are getting tighter and I just do not feel good about myself. This is such a hard time of year so it would be great to have support from people with the same goals. Best of luck to everyone!
  • pbear1
    pbear1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi Aisling, can you tell us how you lost 14lbs in 2.5weeks? I would love to lose even 7lbs but have been struggling the last while. Am starting again properly tomorrow with plain old calorie counting and gym. What did you do?? Sounds like its working!
  • Aislingoshea
    Aislingoshea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi pbear1. To be honest, I did it unhealthly, but I just wanted a quick fix to gain some confidence. I dieted 4/5 days of the week and then had 2/3 days off. For my dieting days, I ate around 800 calories. I ate john west tuna packed lunches (200-300 calories, which kept me full for quite a while) and for dinner I ate weight watchers home made butternut squash soup. ( this was extremely filling and as its all vegetables its all good calories). I would drink 2-3 pints of water before I ate so I felt full before I ate, and then would drink another pint of water while I ate. If I felt hungry I would first drink water as hunger is usually mistaken for dehydration, if that didn't work I would have a coffee which is a hunger supressant, which would keep me going until my next meal. I would burn around 500 calories in the gym then. I ate egg whites and tuna also so I would have protein for toning. I also snacked on polo sugarfree mints (4 mints are 14 calories)
    Then for the weekends I ate normal meals and snacked when I wanted. I did no exercise these days except for waitressing one night a week.
    This wasnt a long term solution. I gained soeme weight slowly again but I was still happy as I did not return to my previous size. That was just an extreme measure for kickstart and a confidence boost.
    Hope this helps :)