Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    what did whites ever do to you? :laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    So I was thinking about maybe trying a diet that consists on cutting out all whites from my diet

What are your thoughts?

sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577
  • bry_all01
    Options
    Hi,
    You should google the 12 day Wild Rose Detox. It eliminates flour, sugar & dairy from your diet for 12 days. It's more of a cleanse. You can also buy the cookbook, which was a life saver for me. I discovered all these spices I never knew were out there. There are some fish recipes and lots of brown rice and veg recipes. Very tasty. And it's not forever. 12 days.
    Good Luck on your journey!

do we get to EAT roses?!? And, what happens after the 12 days is up? Do we gain it all back?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Foods of all colors provide different nutrients that our bodies need. That is why many nutritionists will advocate a rainbow of colors on your plate as part of your consultation. Anything that tells me I can't have x for extended periods of time is not something I view as sustainable. I will say that if I start to have a lot of high sugar cravings, I will cut out processed sugars for a few weeks to get rid of the cravings, but I won't ever say that I will never eat something again, except liver and onions, that is gross.
  • anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    but but yogurt is white! and egg whites and cauliflower, fish, etc. if you mean cut out all processed white foods like white bread, pringles and the like -then yes, you most certainly can (and imho should) cut those out for life. :smile:
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I think that works just fine, have you ever heard of the south beah diet? Well it is sort of like that. I eat just whole grains and no added sugar and it has worked some what, I do drink milk but not a ton of it. :)
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    So I was thinking about maybe trying a diet that consists on cutting out all whites from my diet
    I thought about this same thing with a friend of mine. We were going to market the diet as "Kill Whitey" and become rich. But the name just didn't stick.

This ^^ I just don't understand how WW didn't pick that up!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Why's it gotta be a "white" thing?!
  • Wishtobethinagain
    Options
    Wow, I never expected such negativeness. I would not be cutting out carbs completely from my diet as you can see that I said I would be eating fruits...since when were fruits not loaded with carbs? Except they are the good carbs. I do not call white bread, and candies, and milk in any way GOOD for anyones body so by me cutting out this bad stuff and eating stuff that has one natural ingredient instead of stuff I could barely prounounce in it is bad then it looks like a lot of you need to hit the books. Yes I did say I would be eating fish, and I know it is a meat, I also will very occasionally be eating chicken and other meats that have been raised on my farm. I do not eat any meat that is raised on a factory farm. But I did not mention that as it is off topic and would of brought back a totally different debate.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never expected such negativeness. I would not be cutting out carbs completely from my diet as you can see that I said I would be eating fruits...since when were fruits not loaded with carbs? Except they are the good carbs. I do not call white bread, and candies, and milk in any way GOOD for anyones body so by me cutting out this bad stuff and eating stuff that has one natural ingredient instead of stuff I could barely prounounce in it is bad then it looks like a lot of you need to hit the books. Yes I did say I would be eating fish, and I know it is a meat, I also will very occasionally be eating chicken and other meats that have been raised on my farm. I do not eat any meat that is raised on a factory farm. But I did not mention that as it is off topic and would of brought back a totally different debate.

No negativity, but if you don't have any insulin related issues, then there is no need to "cut" bad carbs. I eat what people would consider "bad" carbs regularly, but it doesn't affect my weight loss. My suggestion is eat at a moderate deficit, increase protein and fat grams, and increase physical activity. Just be realistic about the diet you can sustain long term. I can't live without wine, bread, ice cream and pasta. I enjoy them in moderation and still lose weight. Assuming no medical issues (diabetes, etc), weight loss is simply burning more than you take in.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never expected such negativeness.
    Really? I went back and re-read to be sure, and I don't see any negativity. Some silliness for sure. But nothing negative. Unless you mean negative in the strictest sense, as in not equal to your ideas.

Keep in mind your original post closed with:
    What are your thoughts? Tips? Opinions?
    Isn't that exactly what you got?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never expected such negativeness.
    You asked for peoples' opinions. They had differing opinions of the idea, not you as a person. Please do not be offended. :flowerforyou:
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    fruit and whole grain carbs are amazing :)
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    wait...no milk??? Shoot me now.
  • Wishtobethinagain
    Options
    I mean by negativeness about people saying I was racist...really seriously. Or people saying carbs are great! It is like if I were to say I am going to cut out twinkies and everybody being like NO do not give up twinkies! Really why not, they have no nutritional value. My family has a history of diabetes, so yes I do never want it but it is not the reason for choosing my diet. Also it is not just to lose weight it is also for health. Why would you put bad crap into your body? So there are numerous reasons for choosing this
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • bry_all01
    Options
    It is like if I were to say I am going to cut out twinkies and everybody being like NO do not give up twinkies! Really why not, they have no nutritional value.

Wait. So now twinkies are bad?!?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I mean by negativeness about people saying I was racist...really seriously.
    Gonna take a stab in the dark, and say that those were jokes, kiddo.
  • Wishtobethinagain
    Options
    Well I personally beleive that racism is horrible, and should not be joked about
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I mean by negativeness about people saying I was racist...really seriously. Or people saying carbs are great! It is like if I were to say I am going to cut out twinkies and everybody being like NO do not give up twinkies! Really why not, they have no nutritional value. My family has a history of diabetes, so yes I do never want it but it is not the reason for choosing my diet. Also it is not just to lose weight it is also for health. Why would you put bad crap into your body? So there are numerous reasons for choosing this

Labeling food as "good" or "bad" is not conducive to creating a healthy relationship with food. Food is food. It is in your best interest to choose more nutritional sound foods, but it's not required for weight loss.