30 DAY SHRED WEIGHT LOSS

Options
HEY!
I AM CURRENTLY DOING 30 DAY SHRED, AND I HAVE JUST FINISHED THE 10TH DAY OF LEVEL ONE. I HAVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT DOING IT AND HAVE GAINED INCHES IN MY ARMS !!AGHH IS THIS NORMAL? WILL THE NUMBERS START TO GO DOWN AS I CONTINUE FURTHER IN THE PROGRAM.
PS I HAVE BEEN EATING HEALTHY AND NOT GOING OVER ALL CALORIES .
PSS I ALSO HAVE BEEN ADDING 30 MIN. OF CARDIO IN ADDITION TO 30 DAY SHRED

WOULD LOVE YOUR COMMENTS!!
THANKS KATIE

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    just give it time! Keep up the great workouts, maybe increase your protein and drink water, avoid high sodium (frozen processed foods) Dont stop now, it will happen!
  • hnchrist
    hnchrist Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have that video I tried it and then got of track. the video claims you are supposed to lose 20lbs in 30 days! hmmm it seems like you would be losing weight already.

I was thinking about trying it again. How do you track the calories?
  • slimthingspecial
    Options
    Capital letters scare me! It's probably water retention in your muscles, I also didn't lose weight (putting on 2Ibs..) and had a crisis of confidence but followed advice to drink more water.. I lost 4Ibs suddenly in a massive whoosh so I suggest you try that :)

Pat on back for completing L1 though! Well done! :)
  • mgottschalk
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    I think that 10 days is a little soon to look for results - I try to stick to measuring once a month. The arms take the longest - I've barely had any movement in mine & it's been 3 months, however I can SEE muscles (other places i've lost inches). Gain there coud be growing muscle, so I wouldn't worry at this point. Good luck finishing 30DS! I found Jillian's Ripped in 30 to be a great video after 30DS.

Melissa
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Stick with it. Jillian knows what she's doing. It has transformed me from saggy and flabby to being way more toned with definition. How about looking at it another way. Remember day 1? Did you think you couldn't make it through the first 25 minutes, then each day seemed easier and easier and now you're a pro at level 1? Your strength and endurance have probably really changed. She challenges you more as you go along. So if Level 1 wasn't enough for you, Level 2 will ramp it up a bit. I also will sometimes do a Level 2 and the a Level 1 when my schedule and energy level permits. Also, are you following her meal plan?

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    WHAT!?!?!?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU. PLEASE STEP CLOSER TO THE MICROPHONE! LOL! :laugh:

Welcome to MFP! Don't get discouraged and stick with it! If you're pretty new to the whole exercise bit, your body will retain a lot of water. Also, are you sure you're eating enough?

Best wishes to you!
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    I think that 10 days is a little soon to look for results - I try to stick to measuring once a month. The arms take the longest - I've barely had any movement in mine & it's been 3 months, however I can SEE muscles (other places i've lost inches). Gain there coud be growing muscle, so I wouldn't worry at this point. Good luck finishing 30DS! I found Jillian's Ripped in 30 to be a great video after 30DS.

Melissa

I also love Ripped in 30 as well as 6 Week 6 pack.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing 30DS and have stayed the same or gained weight (about 1-2lbs) in the last 10 days.

However, I'm not too worried about it. My core is much stronger and I know the pounds are probably due to water retention.

I'm going to start Ripped in 30 right after :)
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have that video I tried it and then got of track. the video claims you are supposed to lose 20lbs in 30 days! hmmm it seems like you would be losing weight already.

Well, it says you *CAN LOSE UP TO* 20 lbs in 30 days.
  • hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did that 30 day shred a couple of months ago. It rough but you will see results.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Well, it says you *CAN LOSE UP TO* 20 lbs in 30 days.

This. :)
  • jjoyms
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred and using myfitnesspal (religiously) for four months and lost 34 pounds and have gone from a very tight size 10 to a perfect-fit size 4. I swear by the Jillian Michaels workouts because they are the only workout I've tried that actually work for me. My favorite part is that the workouts are only 20 minutes and don't require a big time commitment. After doing the 30 day shred for several months I also purchased Jillian's "ripped in 30" and "6 week 6 pack" and they are outstanding. I've never had such defined arms and abdominal muscles (and I am 44 years old). I'd say stick with it and push through the program. I'd be surprised if you don't see a huge difference in your muscle tone & body shape if you keep it up.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! You will get great results if u eat right and keep with the plan. :) You will notice more in losing inches throughout the month than pounds be patient.
  • jjoyms
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is AWESOME!! I highly recommend it - it transformed my body. Seriously. Good luck!
  • ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 day shred and am now doing Ripped in 30. I wouldn't worry about it too much. i actually gained weight while doing the shred and I didn't see the tape move very much either, but I did still notice results. I felt so much stronger and I was actually able to see muscle where I had absolutely none before. I feel like my core is stronger and I did notice a difference in the way my clothes fit. Stick with it, even if you don't think you're getting results...you are. The biggest difference for me was stamina. When I started the Shred I couldn't even get through the warm up without stopping, by the end I could get all the way through without stopping and doing the more difficult moves. Good luck.
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Capital letters scare me!

Me too, haha.

From the tings I've read on MFP forums/group discussions, people don't generally lose a lot of lbs doing the shred, but they do notice significant changes in inches. I'm on L1D8 and I have lost weight, but it was due to other factors. (I'm also doing 30DS in addition to my regular gym workouts.) Take measurements now and then again after each level, or at least at the end of the shred. If no weight is lost, you should definitely see some changes in the shape/size of your body. Good luck!
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie,

Melissa

I also love Ripped in 30 as well as 6 Week 6 pack.

Me too! I started with the Shred, then Ripped, then 6 Week 6 Pack, I'm now alternating between No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I love Jillian's DVDs!!! I've definitely seen results and I'm the fittest I've ever been - at 41!
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 5 of the 30DS and I am past the pain. It gets hard to not expect results early on. I am counting calories and I will be adding extra cardio and strength training. Push-ups are my kryptonite! But I have seen some amazing results from this DVD. You will see results soon. Definitely keep going. Good luck!
  • feexbee
    feexbee Posts: 21
    Options
    If you're already physically fit, it's not going to make you just drop 20lbs. Know that. And adding muscle is not a bad thing. That's why it's terrible to only focus on the scale. Focus on the abilities your body is picking up from the work outs. There's more to life than scales and measurements, love. Drink some more water and try not to stress over it. Stress can cause you to have even more trouble losing weight. Yeah, also, next time, don't use all caps. Common courtesy of the interwebs. Thanks.