Clear Soups...

Options
Hi there! Does anyone know what constitutes 'clear soup'? I understand it would be no noodles etc, but can you have tomato soup from a tin (or any soup with no solid bits in)? I am having a medical procedure and can only have clear fluids from 2pm 2 DAYS BEFORE (arrggghhh I am going to die)!!! Any info anyone can share on the clear soup business would me much appreciated!

Replies

• itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think "clear soup" usually refers to broth - ie chicken, beef, or vegetable broth. Not tomato soup. I could be wrong though! Just call your dr.'s office up if you're at all worried. :)
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    brothy soups would be my guess, i think tomato soup is out.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think "clear soup" usually refers to broth - ie chicken, beef, or vegetable broth. Not tomato soup. I could be wrong though! Just call your dr.'s office up if you're at all worried. :)

That's right. It's usually stock broth of chicken, beef, fish or vegetables
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Clear soup is broth (vegetable, chicken, beef, turkey) that you can see through and has nothing else added to it.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    A clear diet, is just that if you cant see through it you cant have it. Broths, water, sprite or 7 up and jello. Thats about it!
  • lottie_28
    Options
    Yep, I think. broth. Like, basically stock. Good luck :/ !
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    A clear diet, is just that if you cant see through it you cant have it. Broths, water, sprite or 7 up and jello. Thats about it!

Yep.
  • MrsSpinks
    MrsSpinks Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies! This is going to absolutely suck!!!!! :sick: :sick:
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I promise you won't die from two days of a clear diet. If you find yourself getting totally famished try this: 2 tablespoons of Grade *B* organic maple syrup, the juice of half of a lemon, and cayenne pepper to taste (I like about 1/4 teaspoon, but others say 1/8th) in 8 oz water. You can drink it hot or cold. I had nothing but this for 10 days while fasting, and I drank as much as I wanted, whenever I felt hungry. The maple syrup helps to keep the blood sugar from crashing, and the warming cayenne pepper made me feel full far longer than I expected to.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I promise you won't die from two days of a clear diet. If you find yourself getting totally famished try this: 2 tablespoons of Grade *B* organic maple syrup, the juice of half of a lemon, and cayenne pepper to taste (I like about 1/4 teaspoon, but others say 1/8th) in 8 oz water. You can drink it hot or cold. I had nothing but this for 10 days while fasting, and I drank as much as I wanted, whenever I felt hungry. The maple syrup helps to keep the blood sugar from crashing, and the warming cayenne pepper made me feel full far longer than I expected to.

This is for a medical procedure. Better follow DR's orders. I'm pretty sure maple syrup and cayenne pepper aren't clear liquids.