Underwear falling down while running!

Options
This is too funny not to share. I've recently started back running/jogging. There are certain kinds of underwear (panties) that fall down as soon as I start running. And when they fall down its not all the way to my ankles, its just below my buttcheeks lol. Anyone else ever experience this? I don't think they are too big because they stay up just fine but only do that when I run. So yesterday on my run my underwear stayed down around my thighs the entire time, annoying, but funny. I could only think the cars driving past saw my buttcheeks just flapping away! =) So obviously I will no longer wear those on my runs.

Replies

• MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    LOL!! That IS funny!:laugh:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness! that sounds so uncomfortable lol I've had my pants do that while I run it's a huge pain! I'd just use it as an excuse to get new ones =]]
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    happens to me! :blushing:
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    perhaps it's time to move down a size?! hehe you get plumbers crack while running!
  • missolesky
    Options
    I have to wear spandex shorts under my running pants now because they fall down! Inconvenient, but hilarious
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    hahahaha the same thing happened to me. I got those victorias secret yoga panties and havent had a problem with them
  • hnchrist
    hnchrist Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    haha i've had the same problem and sometimes even my shorts fall down. I would stop and pull up and tie my shorts tighter. Tying them helped but I eventually gave up on the underwear. haha. I think we should go with tighter outer and under wear :-
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'd trade underwear falling down for shorts riding up any day!
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yeah at least my pants didn't fall down with them! OMG I would've never been able to show my face in my neighborhood again!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This happens when I do Tae-Bo, certain underwear just slip off. I started wearing booty shorts and ones with elastic around the this and waist, these don't slip of anymore :P
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    allot of runners run comando...... to relieve this issue and chafing issues..... sorry... not trying to be creepy.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    go commando, its the best =) underwear are a pain, i own a bunch but most the time skip that process when getting ready, lol.
  • ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    most run specific short/pants/tights are designed to be worn without underwear so I'll second or third the commando suggestion.
  • auntv77
    auntv77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a comando girl as ell - or I likethe Under Armor panties but holy $15 a pair!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too! But once I actually wore some that started falling under my buttcheeks and my workout pants were falling too - LUCKILY the pants had that adjustment string and tightened them up and had to wait till I got home to pick up the undies---they were completely under my butt and running was so uncomfortable!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i don't wear them when i exercise...i wear running short with the liner in them
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm never heard of the commando thing for running. My husband is a real runner, as in runs marathons, and he had never heard of running commando either. Might have to give it a try since I'm not gonna go out and spend money on special pants or shorts for running, at least not around christmas time. Thanks to those who suggested that very interesting tip!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    If you're not comfy with commado, try a thong with spandex. VS makes them in a nice, breathable material.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm never heard of the commando thing for running. My husband is a real runner, as in runs marathons, and he had never heard of running commando either. Might have to give it a try since I'm not gonna go out and spend money on special pants or shorts for running, at least not around christmas time. Thanks to those who suggested that very interesting tip!

I used to run commando all the time but my running pants/tights would bunch up in a place that no woman should have that happen...so, I started wearing the underwear again. I don't have the falling down issue but, dang, that is funny!

:bigsmile:
  • DotKey28
    DotKey28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You could ask for a pair of running shorts with a liner for Christmas. :smile: