Am I getting enough calories?

Options
I heard that if you don't eat enough calories than your body can stop burning calories because it stores all of them. Is that true? On my recommendations it says around 1500 calories is what I should eat, does that sound too low though? I don't really know much about calories, I honestly usually don't calorie count when I diet :embarassed: , so i just want to be sure.

Replies

• SwSe86
    SwSe86 Posts: 11
    Options
    I heard that if you don't eat enough calories than your body can stop burning calories because it stores all of them. Is that true? On my recommendations it says around 1500 calories is what I should eat, does that sound too low though? I don't really know much about calories, I honestly usually don't calorie count when I diet :embarassed: , so i just want to be sure.
  • sarahiris
    sarahiris Posts: 82
    Options
    well if mfp says thats what you need its obviously right, read the introductory articles on calories and you will be more enlightened
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Calorie consumption is based on your activity level, age, weight, etc. but you should try to stay above 1200 a rule of thumb
  • Topxgun
    Topxgun Posts: 38
    Options
    1500 is enough that your body won't store every SO LONG AS you aren't exersixing AT ALL. If you begin to exersize and don't eat what you burn, then you WILL be in trouble.