Rice Recipes

Options
penrbrown
penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
Hi guys!

I work far from home so I have to prepare all of my meals on Sunday (and then they have to last me until Saturday). What I'm looking for are some good rice recipes!

Right now I've been doing hamburger + rice + crapload of vegetables but honestly I'm getting a bit tired of it!

Now, as a side note, these recipes need to be gluten free, dairy free, nut free and soy free. Any ideas?

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    check out this site :https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

There are many homemade recipes. This is what I follow as well.

Cheers!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    chicken + potatoes + crapload of vegetables
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    try skinnytaste.com

Here is one:
    Chipotle's "Skinny" Cilantro Lime Rice
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Size: 3/4 cup • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 201.0 • Fat: 3.4 • Carbs: 37.4 • Fiber: 0 • Protein: 4.0 g

1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
    1/2 lime, juice of
    2 cups water
    1 tsp salt
    3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
    3 tsp vegetable oil

In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.

I'm making this weekend to serve over this stew:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/11/carne-guisada-latin-beef-stew.html
  • robyn48
    robyn48 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sushi salad,
    cooked brown rice, shrimps or prawns cut in half and a can of tuna, (small), add dressing that you can have, i use sesame dressing,mix these things first then add grated carrot, pepper (capsicum), spring onions, avocado, cucumber, (cut up small) parsley (finely chopped) and mung beans, ( they are like sprouts). Mix it all up together this is yummy but has to be eaten within 3 days. I usually cook up the rice in bulk and freeze it
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Now, as a side note, these recipes need to be gluten free, dairy free, nut free and soy free. Any ideas?

Here is a link to the GF group, for future reference/resource: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/129-gluten-free

I'm also GF, dairy free, and soy free.

I LOVE "Fake" Rice and beans (fake because it is NOTHING like traditional rice and beans). Naturally free of all the things you mentioned.

1cup of rice (using 1 cup water and 1 cup of chicken broth)
    2 cups of beans (red or black) canned or reconstituted
    1.5 cups of chopped tomato (canned or fresh)
    2 cups of chopped spinach (frozen)
    2 Carrots chopped
    1-2 cups of corn
    1 onion
    5 garlic cloves (I'm Italian, I love garlic)

Throw in whatever other veggies you want peppers, mushrooms, peas, etc..

Warm the veggies in Earth Balance Soy free spread/canola/coconut/preferred oil add to the cooked rice.

I top it with "Cheese" Sauce that I adapted from my friend's site: http://veganrockergirl.blogspot.com/2010/08/ooey-gooey-cheesy-vegan-nachos.html - Not GF but Vegan and easily adaptable to GF.

Sweet-Spot Vegan Nachos
    ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
    ¼ cup Sorghum Flour
    1 cup water
    2 tblsp. Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Soy Free Spread
    1 tsp. sea salt
    1 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. paprika

Put nutritional yeast, flour, salt, garlic, and paprika in a saucepan. Add in water and stir constantly over medium heat until mixture becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and add vegan butter. Stir until melted. . Enjoy!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks guys!