Best Low Calorie Protein Powder???

Options
I've used Muscle Milk Light powder on and off for about a year now and I'm finishing a jug so I figured now would be a good time to switch if there is something better our there. I figured my MFP pals could point me in the right direction! Right now I get about 25g of protein per serving and that's with about 210 calories per serving. Is there a better protein powder out there that is low cal? I only decided on Muscle Milk before because it was a brand name that I knew and had heard of.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump, I would be interested in the answer as well.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I like BSN Syntha-6 (200 cals) and BSN Lean Dessert (about 120 cals), I haven't had a bad flavor yet.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Trutein, Myofusion, Optimum Nutrition; in that order. Trutein is a blend (whey, egg, casein) and I'm currently using the Cinnabun flavor. It's great and in my opinion, much better than the other two I mentioned. 120 cal @ 24p / 5c 1f
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Trutein, Myofusion, Optimum Nutrition; in that order. Trutein is a blend (whey, egg, casein) and I'm currently using the Cinnabun flavor. It's great and in my opinion, much better than the other two I mentioned. 120 cal @ 24p / 5c 1f

I have really been wanting to try that. Im still using Optimum Nutrition chocolate mint. Mmm girl scout cookies :]
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just started uing GNC Casein Protein in chocolate. It has 160 calories & 25 grams of protein per serving. Seems a little pricey, but I've never bought any before so I'm not sure. I put it in the blender with 10oz of light soy milk, 2 or 3 ice cubes & 1/2 of a banana. YUM! I drink it at night & tummy's full when I go to bed.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I really like Designer's Whey chocolate. I buy mine at Trader Joe's for 11 bucks. 100 cal a scoop
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Choco Rite Protein powder> cals 150 fat 3g carbs 8g fiber 5g protein 25g. sugar 0
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been using Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein 140 calories per scoop with water 26g protein 1g sugar..
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I use SN Gold Standard Whey Protein. It gives me 24 G protein with 120 calories.
  • scottdarling
    Options
    Xocai High-Antioxidant Meal Replacement Shake - chocolate only, but there are about 20 different recipes on how to mix it. We like it with frozen banana & "powdered" peanut butter. I use water, but some like it with non fat milk, soy milk, almond milk - whatever. The information requested & listed below is for the shake mix ONLY:
    Calories- 190
    Total Fat - 3g
    Carbs - 20g
    Protein - 21g
    ORAC: 56,500 per meal (RDA = 10,000) this is what helps your body repair from the inside out, going after the Free Radicals that are absorbed into your body
    Made with Whey Protein Isolate, lots of fiber, natural cacao, acai berry, blueberry, etc. SUGAR FREE, CAFFEINE FREE, DIABETIC FRIENDLY! Oh yes, did I mention Lactose & Gluten Free. A natural, cold-pressed Omega-3 source.

Do the research: This is a safe product! HEALTHY! Actual weight loss study done - 12 week study with 50 people - average lbs lost were 31.
  • jenswwjourney
    Options
    Designer Whey is 100% whey protein. Mixes well. I love the double chocolate flavor best.1 scoop = 100 calories // 2g fat // 3g carbs .5g // sugar 2g // protein 18g <<< for double chocolate plus it is gluten free if you care
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Strawberry or Vanilla in Designer Whey?
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I like the Jay robb line. I've done both the whey and egg white protein. It's not made with hormones or antibiotics and uses stevia.

1 scoop = 110 calories

http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/whey-protein-vanilla-80oz.asp
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I've never heard of Trutein but I looked it up and it's supposed to be pretty good... I knew Optimum Nutrition is always a good choice but I'm not sure which one would be best for me... I work out 3-4 hours before bed so should I take a whey protein which is absorbed fast or a blended protein like trutein post workout? I would like it to help immediately and get me through the night.

I was also impressed with the Jay Robb line! That could be something to look into as well!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I like the Jay robb line. I've done both the whey and egg white protein. It's not made with hormones or antibiotics and uses stevia.

1 scoop = 110 calories

This! I have only used his whey protein powders in both chocolate and vanilla. It's a tad pricey but worth it IMO. One scoop has 110 cals, 25 grams protein, 1 g carbs and 0 sugar. I have a protein shake every day using that and nut butter of some kind plus almond milk.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

1 scoop = 110 calories

This! I have only used his whey protein powders in both chocolate and vanilla. It's a tad pricey but worth it IMO. One scoop has 110 cals, 25 grams protein, 1 g carbs and 0 sugar. I have a protein shake every day using that and nut butter of some kind plus almond milk.

Yeah it looked like it was one of the best out there, but it was just more expensive. I really like that it was pretty low in carbs so it was packed with protein without many carbs... I may have to fork out a little extra money for this product.

How does it taste?
  • sarahwebb81
    Options
    I use a generic Kroger brand powder that I believe has 20-25 grams of protein for about 120 calories. It was relatively cheap, and the vanilla is pretty tasty. I haven't tried any other flavors yet.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Zero Carb Isopure

In order to give you the best protein product available, Nature’s Best claims to have used the latest technology and the purest ingredients to create Zero Carb Isopure Protein. Considered to be one of the best products available on the market, Zero Carb Isopure Protein supposedly utilizes 100% Pure Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, so you can start getting the ripped body you’ve always wanted.

Zero Carb Isopure Protein is available in a wide variety of flavors, including apple melon, blue raspberry, pineapple orange banana, and mango peach. Yet is this tasty new formula really the best way to boost your protein intake? Or has Isopure presented us with a placebo?

Inside Zero Carb Isopure Protein

Inside every serving of Zero Carb Isopure Protein are the five most important proteins for athletes: Alpha-lactalbumin, Bovine Serum Albumin, Beta-lactoglobulin, Lactoferrin, and Immunoglobulin. When combined, this powerful formula of muscle-building ingredients can help boost your performance so you can build more muscle.

Additionally, this powerful protein product contains the essential amino acids Isoleucine, Valine, Leucine, and L-Glutamine to get your muscles pumping.

Benefits of Zero Carb Isopure Protein

• Great Taste
    • Wide variety of flavors
    • No blending/shaking necessary
    • Only 200 calories per serving
    • Shortens recovery time
    • Contains 5 types of proteins and muscle building vitamins
    • Wide Variety of Satisfied Customer Reviews

Conclusion

If you’re looking for an easy-to-use protein drink, then Zero Carb Isopure Protein may be the product you’re looking for. This comprehensive approach to building muscle and staying healthy appears to be an effective product. Many people have successfully used Zero Carb Isopure Protein, and a good majority of them have reported its great taste.

In order to build muscle, your body needs an increased amount of proteins and amino acids, and Zero Carb Isopure Protein provides you with everything you need to increase your lean muscle mass. However, Zero Carb Isopure Protein is not a weight loss supplement and does not contain ingredients that stimulate your metabolism or suppress your appetite. Do not confuse this product with the all-in-one cure-all solutions that many other manufacturers claim to produce. Zero Carb Isopure Protein is designed to do one thing and do it well: provide you with an easy-to-use and great- tasting protei
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options

1 scoop = 110 calories

I think they taste pretty good. I normally add peppermint extract or instant coffee but when I've had the shake plain I thought it was fine.

Yeah it looked like it was one of the best out there, but it was just more expensive. I really like that it was pretty low in carbs so it was packed with protein without many carbs... I may have to fork out a little extra money for this product.

How does it taste?