Insanity

Options
For those who are in the middle or have completed doing Insanity, i was wondering:
a) how hard it was
b) your results
c) how weak your arms and such were after doing it for the day - because I'm a waitress and when I had a gym membership - aftermy arms would feel so flimsy....and now that I'm a waitress i don't want my arms to give out and have me dropping a tray of drinks on someone :P

Replies

• Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A) it is as hard as you make it. You have to be intense... for that matter, it's really hard when done correctly.
    B) Results were really good. You should stick to a healthy eating plan though or else you won't get optimal results.
    C) My arms aren't really weak or sore after INSANITY. The gym or P90X will leave my arms much weaker.
  • adamswife23
    adamswife23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I won't lie Insanity is rough. I finished a month ago. I didn't lose much weight, but I didn't have much to lose to begin with, I did it so I could say that I did it. you are going to sore depending on how hard you push yourself during the workouts. I was literally dripping with sweat after each workout, and really gained a lot of muscle stregnth in push ups from Insanity. My arms were sore after the workouts, but by the time I showered and changed I was good, and I was still able to carry my 16 month old around and do all the stuff I need too, so I am sure you would be fine even with carrying trays. The main thing is to watch what you eat too, because you can workout all day long and if you aren't eating the right foods you won't see the results you are wanting. That is another reason why I didn't finish Insanity with awesome results I never changed my eating habits.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    For those who are in the middle or have completed doing Insanity, i was wondering:
    a) how hard it was
    b) your results
    c) how weak your arms and such were after doing it for the day - because I'm a waitress and when I had a gym membership - aftermy arms would feel so flimsy....and now that I'm a waitress i don't want my arms to give out and have me dropping a tray of drinks on someone :P

A. it was insane...if you do it at their level...can be as hard as you make it
    B. I felt GREAT and I really toned a lot ...
    C. Arms were not "weak" or flimsy except for a few minutes after the workout...

Going to start it again....for round 2 soon
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I really thought I would like Insanity and I thought I was in great shape before I started it. I had worked out for 5 months, shed over 20 lbs. and I had a really hard time with it. It was so much jumping. I actually injured myself 2 times in 2 weeks to the point I couldn't work out at all. I think others have had success with it, but I can burn close to the same with kickboxing or something else. I was going to possible give P90X a try since I like to workout out with weight too.
  • ct2020
    ct2020 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done month one.
    a) It's really tough it you make it. Some days I've slacked and rested more than I need to. On days when I push I'm drenched when I 'mdone feel awesome.
    b) I haven't stepped on the scale yet. But I'm feeling a whole lot better and have more energy.
    c) No problems with my arms as long as they get a quick rest after (length of shower)

Form is extremely important to avoid injury and you need to know your limits so you don't hurt yourself.
  • colby957
    colby957 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my second go around with Insanity. The first time I had horrible shoes and was bad form! I went out and bought cross trainers that allow you to have more support while moving from side to side,etc. My ankles really bothered me before this. This is the second time I have started Insanity and am over 2 weeks in. I think the first time around I had poor form and was trying to push myself so far past my limits that I ending up hurting myself. I am still working hard this time around, but am more conscious about my form and not hurting myself. Two weeks in an I have maybe lost an inch or two, gained an inch between my arms and legs, but feel like I am in better shape. I talked to someone who completed Insanity a year ago and he said it took until the 4-5 week for him to really notice the results. I hope you stick with it and don't hurt yourself! Insanity is a great workout!