I need some motivation

I've had the myfitnesspal app on my phone for about 18 months and I've only used it sporadically. I'm 14 pounds heavier than when I started (I just had a baby 2 months ago, but I was already heavier than when I started "using" MFP before I got pregnant). My main issues are will power, motivation and knowing how to properly log things. I plan to buy a kitchen scale, but that doesn't help if I eat at a small, local restaurant. I don't want to stop eating at local places, but I don't know how else to avoid not knowing how to log it. I also have a juicer, so I don't know how to log my juicing calories.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• I have the same prob. Logging in foods. We eat a lot of homemade stuff. caseroles and what not, foods mixed in to make a meal, how do you enter that? Like last night, leftover mac&chees, turkey, mixed veggies,mixed to make one meal. How do I enter that? I really hope someone replies to this to help US out some.

btw-- welcome back!! :wink:
  • Thank you! I'm hoping I will actually keep at it this time. I think a kitchen scale will help a lot. That way I know exactly how much I'm eating of what. I guess I'll just have to only eat at home and take my lunch to work.
  • klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    enter your recipe in the recipe area and divide by the servings. also at a lot of restaurants that have a website they have nutritional info so check there.
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    I cook dinner almost every night, and I go to the recipe section and plug in all the ingredients of what I made and then add to my diary. Also, I found a lot of restaurants are already in the database, so it's fairly easy. If you are eating in a restaurant that isn't a chain, you can look to see if you can find something online that is similar (if the restaurant doesn't have the nutritional values), and log it that way. When I eat out I always ask for second plate, so when my meal comes, I only eat half, and the other half I take home. Restaurants give you way more than what is proportionate.

Hope this helps!
  • I just discovered the recipe part today. This is the first time I've logged in on a computer. I generally use the Android app, which doesn't have the option to add recipes.
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    I use the android app and it does allow you to log recipes. When you are logging a meal you can choose the recipe tab and it says "create new recipe".