Looking for Christmas Cookie Recipes/Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing pumpkin cookie recipe that a fellow MFP'er was nice enough to share 55 calories per cookie...let me know if you are interested.

I know which one you are talkinga bout.... I made them for Thanksgiving w/ my family. They were a huge hit. So delicious. Whoever the OP was on that thread deserves my thanks lol!
  • lkops
    lkops Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ooo. bump.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I think these recipes all look great! Although if you're looking for a lower calorie count, you can lower the calories a little by replacing the sugar with Splenda. A cup of white granulated sugar has 770 calories compared to a cup of Splenda which I believe has 96 calories. Plus, you can always replace eggs with egg beaters, which lowers the calories from 70 calories an egg to 30 calories for a 1/4 cup of egg substitute, which is equal to 1 egg.
    I made these substitutions for my sweet potato casserole and it reduced the calories tremendously and it still tasted great!

Also, check out hungrygirl.com she always has some great recipes and if you get the FOOD NETWORK she will be doing a holiday special this Sunday at 10 am EST. She is awesome!!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Candy Cane Cookies

Hooked on traditional holiday baking? It's a twist to make these fun peppermint cookies!

Prep Time
    40 Minutes
    Total Time
    6:00 Hrs:Mins
    Makes
    4 1/2 dozen cookies

1 cup sugar
    1 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1/2 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon peppermint extract
    1 egg
    3 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon red food color
    2 tablespoons finely crushed peppermint candies
    2 tablespoons sugar

Stir together 1 cup sugar, the butter, milk, vanilla, peppermint extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir food color into 1 half. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.

Heat oven to 375ºF.

Stir together peppermint candy and 2 tablespoon sugar; set aside.

For each candy cane, shape 1 rounded teaspoon dough from each half into 4-inch rope by rolling back and forth on floured surface. Place 1 red and white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist. Place on ungreased cookie sheet; curve top of cookie down to form handle of cane.

Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until set and very light brown. Immediately sprinkle candy mixture over cookies. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies

Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Betty Crocker® Kitchens
    Success
    To make cookies about the same size, measure dough for one cookie with a ruler, then use that dough to measure all the rest.

Nutrition Information:
    1 Serving (1 Serving)Calories 85 (Calories from Fat 35 ),Total Fat 4 g(Saturated Fat 2 g,Cholesterol 15 mg;Sodium 45 mg;Total Carbohydrate 11 g(Dietary Fiber 0g,Protein 1 g;Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 2.00%;Vitamin C 0.00%;Calcium 0.00%;Iron 2.00%;Exchanges:1 Fruit;1/2 Fat;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I will say that there is a way to cut out the calories and make an unhealthy cookie, cake healthier :)
    Check out this site, there is some cake and other recipes ( daily uploaded with ideas)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
    This is the first Christmas where I'll be eating healthy and so I'd like some ideas for healthy cookie recipes to share at work and with the family. I understand that due to their very nature cookies aren't "healthy" but I'm sure there are healthier options out there. Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I see many of you voted for oatmeal cookies, but actually using whole wheat flour. I would suggest to blend the oatmeal and use instead of whole wheat flour the blended oatmeal. To cut sugar out use extra dark brown sugar or honey which are healthier, instead of milk you can also use water and light butter or extra virgin olive oil. This way you cut out I would say most of the calories for sure from any kind of cake you want to make.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371
  • curlygirlcami
    curlygirlcami Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am also interested in low sugar/no sugar options if anyone has any.
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I have a great recipe for meringues, i will post it in the morning as it's late and i don't feel like digging through my recipe book
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    Bump :)! Thank you
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! I've been going over the www.skinnytaste.com website for all their ideas!
  • brogers916
    Options
    bump
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I came across this site today and it is worth checking out :happy:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    I came across this site today and it is worth checking out :happy:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

That is a good one, thanks! I think I'm going to have to try the sugar cookie one for this weeks party!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/b/2004/12/09/low-fat-sugar-cookies.htm

I found quite a few great low fat cookie recipes on here :happy:
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I have a great recipe for meringues, i will post it in the morning as it's late and i don't feel like digging through my recipe book

getting ready for exercise class - will post it when i get back - unfortunately you cannot use a sugar substitute for meringues and get the right texture