Did you notice changes in your overall health after your wei

Options
directorj
directorj Posts: 537 Member
I used to have back pain right after waking up and also had random moments where I felt my heart would skip a beat (irregular beats). Once I lost weight, the back pain went away and also my heart feels so much better. I don't breath as hard anymore. I remember being so lazy all the time sitting in front of a computer and eating. Nowadays I realize that I would rather take the stairs then the elevator.

Also since I'm a runner now, my pulse rate is pretty low compared to my average which was always around 70-80. I haven't got my blood pressure checked but back then the doctor said that I was too young and he didn't want to put me on medication. I was pretty much borderline hypertension.

What did you guys notice about your health?

edit : Looks like topic line was long, the last word is weight loss lol

Replies

• ddran143
    Options
    When I lost my first 20 pounds, I notice I could sleep better. I guess I might of had a bit of sleep apnea.
  • fiftypds
    fiftypds Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Less back pain and less water retention
    :happy:
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    I've lost 33 pounds and noticed that I walk faster and I can walk and talk at the same time without getting out of breath. Most importantly, my blood pressure is back to normal, but still have a long way to go.
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I notice huge changes in my health when I am working out and eating right! More energy, less digestive issues, less headaches etc.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    After six months of being consistant.I'm off insulin(was taking 4 doses dailey) off pressure meds walking longer and standing taller.I feel great!
  • stryfe101
    Options
    I've noticed a big difference. Right before starting mfp I would be at work and would feel my heart fluttering all the time...I figured that wasn't good. Also i'd check my bp - 160+/100+ with heart rate around 100. I'd get hungry and my blood sugar would drop and i'd get the shakes very badly. I'd try to run and my legs felt like they'd collapse under me. 30+ pounds later and no more heart flutters, bp keeping steady at 140+/-/80+/- with my heart rate in the 80-90's. No more shakes at all, and also I can run now! Other things I notice is that i'm just plain feeling better and more confident, plus it's given me some more pep in certain activities. So far i'm ecstatic about my weight loss
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I used to have very low blood pressure. Since I started losing weight, my blood pressure is now normal. Plus I've noticed that my endurance level is getting higher. If only I could get rid of my asthma, everything would be perfect.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!