In desperate need of motivation

Options
I'm a 22 year old single mom, full time student, occasional paid employee.

I have my days when I can be super motivated and do a rockin job of burning some calories. Other days, munchies kick in and I can't keep my hands off of butterfingers and jalepeno chips.

I really wanna do this. I have 10 pounds that I MUST LOSE- (and then we will think about trying to reach my optimum BMI weight)- but I really need some more motivation!

Please help me widen my support group!

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Results and friends are the best types of motivation :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to tell you that no one can truly motivate you except you. I know you can do it though. More than anything it's a decision. So decide.
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request if you want. It is hard being a single mother, going to school, and working. Especially since you are so young. Take one day at a time and realize that you are doing this for yourself so you can be healthy for you and your child. I'm rooting for you!
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    yay for 20 year old college students! add me if you like. we can motivate each other
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Don't put temptation within easy access. I don't believe in completely eliminating something that you really enjoy, but don't make high calorie indulgence foods easy to just grab. If you have to go to the store every time you want a Butterfinger then you will really give some thought into eating one. Make it easier to resist temptation rather than setting yourself up to fail. You can do this !
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    One day at a time and make small changes. Some times when I make too many changes at once it overwhelms me and I give up. Baby steps are the key! Sending you a friend request.
  • rattler0812
    rattler0812 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    smltwngrl: I feel your need for motivation. I am one that likes efficiency. But hates anything that slows me down. I have an app on my BlackBerry that I just installed. It's great. But to have to pull it out and log everything that I eat makes me think twice before I start eating. Is what I am about eat worth it? I have powdered sugar cake donuts in my desk at my work. I really thought twice before I pulled out my typical 4 donuts and "Milk Jug" container.

The links that DKBelle shared are very good. The Facebook one links to some great and easy recipes while the bodyrock.tv gives some great ideas for short duration but high impact exercises.

Good luck on your efforts. I have a mini marathon and a Tough Mudder race that is keeping me motivated. The team I am putting together is a wide range of ages. So I really need to get in shape to be able to keep up with the whole team.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    When I get in a slump and feel like giving up and need that shove, my motivation is coming on here, and going to the "Success stories" and seeing all the photo's and also I go and look at my own progress photo's then I realize I have come too far to give up now.
  • formygood2011
    formygood2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do not like to completely eliminate things, makes me feel deprived. I do think that I do myself a favor to NOT buy the things I cannot resist! I was feeling very overwhelmed on Monday as I faced another do over from the Thanksgiving holiday...I loved having healthy foods all around this week, it made the choice easy and that only motivated me to keep making good choices!

You can do this!! Think of the alternative, keep going and then be facing the need to lose more than ten pounds.
  • jenny4teach
    jenny4teach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you have a LOT on your plate, and im not talking about food =P

just take it one day at a time. try to balance out your days. aim for 3 good days in a row, then 4, 5, 6,...... and if you slip up guess what?!

THERE IS ALWAYS TOMORROW TO START AGAIN!!!!!

you can do it!
  • JasonWCNewcomb
    Options
    I will tell you what I do. You can decide if it's for you.

When I perform my daily relaxation I control my breathing and tell myself (out loud or in my mind) whatever I feel needs to be a reality. Such as, "I am a very motivated individual and I will work out on a regular regimen, 4 days a week for 30 minutes". I visualize myself doing this in detail.

Psychologically speaking, the subconscious thinks everything is real. Whatever you tell it, it assumes it's real. But when consciously you do not make this a reality you create a conflict between your subconscious and conscious mind. This helps me stay motivated. Helps me to consciously decide to go to the gym instead of eating tacos.
  • mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    For me, I just simply had to make up my mind that I wanted to be healthy and I went for it. There will be good and bad days on this journey to a healthier you. Don't beat yourself up, it's not productive. Instead learn and keep moving onward and upward. One day at a time, small steps, realistic goals and you will make it happen :)
  • chrys99
    Options
    I am kind of in the same boat. I have just recently reached my preprego weight and have about 8 lbs till my goal weight. Changing your eating habits is by far the hardest part in my eyes. Once you have gone about three weeks though your body no longer craves that stuff as bad. There is a chemical change so if you can, take it day by day and if you are craving chocolate have a fiber one 90 cal brownie. Or pick a day and have a cheat snack but limit it and stay within your calorie goal. Good luck!
  • aparrella82
    Options
    Add me we can fight the battle together! I have days like that to but I also have friends that post some very inspirational comments for me to stay on track
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Add me!! :smile: I'm a great cheerleader!!