Flat Abs!?

Options
I am looking for those go to ab exercises for "washboard" abs. I know a good portion of it is done through diet too, so please name some food to eat and/or avoid during this process. I have a small "spare tire" hanging on and want to kick it! PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen
    Calorie deficit is what does it. No specific food will produce abs :flowerforyou:
  • keissner
    Options
    I wish there was an easy way to get sculpted abs!! But I think it is the hardest area to get defined muscle like a 6 pack or washboard abs!!!! From what I have read diet is key to get rid of the spare tire. You can have super ab muscles but it will never been seen with the extra girth :/
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am looking for those go to ab exercises for "washboard" abs. I know a good portion of it is done through diet too, so please name some food to eat and/or avoid during this process. I have a small "spare tire" hanging on and want to kick it! PLEASE HELP!

foods to eat : ones you like
    foods to avoid: ones you don't like

not being a ****, but too often people get caught up on food choices when really meet your macros with the foods you like and you will change you body composition
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    abhancer.jpg?w=425&h=600
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    abhancer.jpg?w=425&h=600

OMG Really? You can't out train a bad diet.. unfortunately abs are the last place most people hold onto fat... you really have to be dedicated to get that 6-pack!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=t_G2WI0LLvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pckdhn3yEkc&feature=related

& eat pop tarts. (while still being in calorie deficit, getting adequat protein & micronutrients)

Actually. The above may end up in protruding abs not flat haha.
  • dberrien
    Options
    My Trainer, who has fabulous abs, swears by his mantra...Cardio, Cardio & more Cardio! I have noticed a big difference in my abs since I bumped up my cardio to 6 days a week.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    My Trainer, who has fabulous abs, swears by his mantra...Cardio, Cardio & more Cardio! I have noticed a big difference in my abs since I bumped up my cardio to 6 days a week.

I just lol'd
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    So in other words you're just in a bigger calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    abhancer.jpg?w=425&h=600

Fantastic... where do I buy this?!

LMAO :noway: