How Many Calories Do I Burn?????!

Options
I want to make sure that I'm not over-estimating how many calories I burn when I workout because I've been using MFP for about a month now and I've only lost 2lbs! I'm eating right and staying within my calories so I must be miscalculating how many calories I burn.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES YOU BURN USING JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SHRED?

I usually use TaeBo which is already in MFP's system, but the Jillian Michaels DVD is not, so can someone help me out?

Replies

• MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    for level 1 i burn 268-289
    for level 2 i burn 301-315 ( all based on the full 28 mins no breaks)
    for level 3 i burn 389-400

hope that helps?
    maybe invest in a HRM would be great to see fully what your burning as everyone is different :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I've only done Level 1 and burn 145-165 per 28 min session.

I'm 5'9 and ~250lbs.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    it completely depends on your height, weight, age and intensity level! why not invest in a heart rate monitor? It makes the difference for me and ALL my friends who are succeeding!
  • Candikickbutt
    Candikickbutt Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I suggest a HRM. I was over estimating how much I was burning, and since I've been using mine, I've lost more weight.
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    it completely depends on your height, weight, age and intensity level! why not invest in a heart rate monitor? It makes the difference for me and ALL my friends who are succeeding!

I have to second this... I was using MFP and logging the Shred under circuit training and it was giving me a WAY higher calorie burn than I was actually getting. I bought a HRM and it has been so great for all of my exercises. Worth the investment! Good luck to you!
  • debblacker
    Options
    I too was using the MFP circuit training and it said I was burning 317 calories. When I used my body bugg I actually only burned 130. Big difference. Today was the first day I used the body bugg so we will see what I burn tomorrow...
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    When I wear my HRM I burn about 175-190 for level 1, 230-250 level 2 and I haven't done level 3 yet. I think it all depends on your fitness level and height/weight. If you're already very athletic you'd burn less and if you are just starting you could be burning more. To know for sure you would really need to wear a HRM :)
  • brooketrout10
    Options
    I will do that. Thank you for the suggestion!