December Challenge - NOT involving numbers on scale

Options
I see a lot of challenges on here all revolving around shedding pounds. As much as I'd love to join one, I would fail terribly because my weight is not dropping as quickly as it used to. Whereas I used to lose 3 lbs a week, now I'm losing that in a month's time. Whether it be because I'm closer to my goal weight (don't be fooled by the ticker; when I reach that goal, I want to lose yet another 10 lbs), or because I am not netting enough calories (I'm working on that!), I am losing very slowly.

However, I notice my jeans fitting looser and parts of my body (shoulders and legs) getting more "toned."

So, if you're like me, let's have a December challenge focusing more on toning up and losing inches. What say you?

I would love to make small groups of about 4 people in each group with people all in the same weight or height category - I've noticed big groups tend to disintegrate because there are too many people to communicate with.

I don't want to be the official leader - we can alternate on that. And input regarding the challenges for the week or any other ideas to make this challenge better are totally welcome!

If you'd like to join, state your name, height, weight, goal weight, and any suggestions if you have any :)

Myself:
Name: Paula
Height: 5'3
Weight: 138.4
Goal Weight: 125

Replies

• CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    I'd LOVE to join! I'm right there with you on the weight loss issue (closer to goal weight/not netting enough calories). I don't mind "leading" a group if necessary...whatever you'd like!

Me:
    Name: Caroline
    Height: 5'1
    Weight: 150 (Started at 190)
    Goal Weight: 120-125ish
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    love to hunny!!!

bree
    5'8
    weight now 168lbs
    goal weight 148lbs
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I also love to join, what a great idea. It diffinately is getting harder to lose the lbs

screenname......themommie
    Name: sheri
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 167.5
    Goal Weight: 156
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in!

Sara
    5' 6.5"
    Current Weight: 129 (started at 160)
    Goal Weight: 123-ish... but yeah, more definition for sure
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Id like to join! Im 5'2.5, currently 138.2 and my goal weight is also 125! I've been struggling to get back on the wagon these last couple of months so hopefully this will get me remotivated. :) Just a suggestion, I think we should have weekly fitness goals such as doing 25 pushups a day or something like that. :)
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Id like to join! Im 5'2.5, currently 138.2 and my goal weight is also 125! I've been struggling to get back on the wagon these last couple of months so hopefully this will get me remotivated. :) Just a suggestion, I think we should have weekly fitness goals such as doing 25 pushups a day or something like that. :)

I like this idea of a "daily task." I can think of a couple of tasks that, and we can mix-up "how many" or "how long" according to fitness levels. My ideas (if they're worth anything..):

pushups (as stated by Erykah)
    situps
    plank (how long can you go??)
    burpees
    jumping jacks
    squats
    lunges
    dips
    pullup(s) (I've never even ATTEMPTED one...I'd be curious to see if I could actually do one)
    sprints

...those sorta things. Could be fun...
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I was also thinking daily tasks for each small group, and weekly tasks for all groups, both fitness- and food- related. Such as a 3-5 minute youtube fitness videos that we must try everyday, and drinking 8 oz of water before every meal and snack.

I'll keep checking back to see if and how many more people choose to join, and then I'll make the groups according to height and weight.
  • ashalada
    ashalada Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds good girls

Name: Ashley
    Current weight: 149 pounds
    Goal weight: 138 pounds
    Height: 5'7
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Oh! I'd love to join. I'm finding losing weight really slow so I like the idea of not focusing on numbers on the scale.

Anyway

Name: Caitlin
    Height: 5'0
    Current weight: 141
    Goal weight: 120? (I'm going to see how I look and feel at 130 then decide because I do want to get more defined so I know I'll probably put on a bit of weight from muscle)
  • alannahbelanger
    alannahbelanger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'd love to join!
    name: Alannah
    height: 5'8"
    current weight: 130
    goal weight: 120

i'm definitely with you on not focusing on pounds, i just want to be toned and look better and feel better, the weight is unimportant so this sounds like a great challenge ! :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need to get rid of the flab but I don't want to lose anymore weight so that's the perfect challenge for me!

Name: Catherine
    Height: 5'5"
    CW: 128
    GW: None
    Bodyfat %: 27-28%
    Goal BF%: 22%
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    Any idea when we'll start this challenge? Don't want to be pushy..just ready to work!!!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Only 9 people decided to join, so I think I'll just split the groups into two groups of 4 and 5, unless more people decide to join by Monday. I'll repost the challenge and see if anyone else joins! :)
  • Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'll join if it's still okay. My scale has also stopped moving lately :( So am trying to wean myself off of focusing on the number on the scale and focus instead on inches lost/ how my clothes fit.

Name: Maidei Machina
    Height: 5'5.5"
    CW: 146lbs
    GW: 125lbs
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Great! I'm going to form a group for this challenge and name it the "NSVs Challenge Group"; it'll be easier to communicate there, and each week we'll have a different leader who can come up with a food and exercise challenge for the week.

Correction: I accidentally made two groups. The correct group to join is the "NSVs Challenge Group," NOT the "NSVs Challenge."