Calories burned

Options
insane4train
insane4train Posts: 58 Member
Just curious...how many calories do you burn during sex.

Replies

• directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Not too much unless you're doing it very long. If it burned a lot there would be a lot of skinny couples, but in this case couples gain weight :laugh: :laugh:
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    on average about 40 calories. but the average couple has sex for 10 or less. so i imagine depends on people involved.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Well, I see several itmesit might be equal to, and several items that would be a good joke.
    Like a couple items under inside home improvements.

http://www.primusweb.com/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl

You can put in your own time, and weight, if that has a factor!
  • stephanie_salvi
    Options
    It turns out, not that many. I use this calculator (http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc) to figure out how many calories I burn for all sorts of activities mfp doesn't list. And yep, sex is on there and foreplay, too. And it calculates based on weight.

Have fun burning more calories.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    who cares???? DO IT for a long time, and enjoy the accelerated heart rate and sweat! :)
  • 21karensmith
    21karensmith Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    To be honest lol I googled it for myself too a while back, I found a thing off the Mayo Clinic, a report that said the average was like 199 calories for 30 mins. It also had a bunch of other "activities" listed and what they burned......best advice, google it LOL.
  • jennp1313
    Options
    on average about 40 calories. but the average couple has sex for 10 or less. so i imagine depends on people involved.

Only 10!? That's so sad!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

I read this soooooooooooo wrong!! Lol! I thought you had put that it depends on the NUMBER of people involved!! Cheeky!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Wack a HRM on...then you'll know! But it'll depend on how long and what positions I'd imagine...just get your heart rate up and enjoy hahahaha!!!!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Only 10!? That's so sad!

That's the average?! Geez...I don't even know what to say to that, but to repeat : "That's so sad!"

On the fitness side, though, I think it depends on the intensity and the position.