need to lose 15 kgs

Options
Hi, I've used weight watchers in the past but it hasn't worked for me this time so I am trying MFP. I need to lose 15 kg (10 of which I have put on in the last 2 years). Looking for motivation to exercise.

Replies

• Frazzlenz
    Frazzlenz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thats 33 pounds
  • HanneK
    HanneK Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You've comed to the right place. I've lost 9.8 kg in 3 months by using MYF, old fashioned calorie-counter in a new and modern form :smile:

You can add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • DietColaLola
    DietColaLola Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Frazz, why don't we work at this together?! I also need to lose 15 Kg. (Always nice to find someone who thinks in Kilos instead of pounds). *wave*@Frazz and Hanne

Hanne, congratulations on losing nearly 10 Kilos!!!! That is fantastic!

Not sure how this Friend Request works because I am pretty new on the site but if either of you want to be friends here, let let me know (or invite me or whatever). :flowerforyou:
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Try to moderate the foods and portion size that you eat.

Here is some useful site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cooking-ideasHomemade-Healthy-Foods/179121125503371

www.bodyrock.tv
    www.myomytv.com

It works for me :) I hope it will work for you as well!
  • Frazzlenz
    Options
    Really keen to friend people in a similar situation to me so feel free to send me a request. Also feel free to kick my butt if I get lazy!
  • DietColaLola
    DietColaLola Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just found the friend request so I sent one to you and Hanne.
  • Frazzlenz
    Options
    Thaks DKbelle, I have gotten into very bad habits and eat too many carbs.

Really concentrating on portion control but hate the idea of weighing everything out. I'm worried it will be hard to count calories while trying to cook for a family of 5.
  • DKBelle
    Options
    if you check the site you will see that it is easy :) and no worries all the recipe is already moderated plus easy and fast to make. Only thing you have to worry about to finish :))) I am doing the same and lost 8 kg already :)
    Thaks DKbelle, I have gotten into very bad habits and eat too many carbs.

Really concentrating on portion control but hate the idea of weighing everything out. I'm worried it will be hard to count calories while trying to cook for a family of 5.
  • Frazzlenz
    Options
    quick question. Are messages supposed to delete themselves as soon as you've read them? I've received a couple but they aren't in my inbox anymore
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    quick question. Are messages supposed to delete themselves as soon as you've read them? I've received a couple but they aren't in my inbox anymore
    No but I think over time they delete. So if it gets to be a few months old, I think it gets wiped out.
  • DKBelle
    Options
    maybe your settings were set up to delete automatically I am not sure.
  • Frazzlenz
    Options
    maybe just a glitch as the last message is still there. One more quick question. I've seen the recipe calorie calculator but are there actual recipes on here too?
  • Frazzlenz
    Options
    maybe just a glitch as the last message is still there. One more quick question. I've seen the recipe calorie calculator but are there actual recipes on here too?
  • EmmyBellasmum
    EmmyBellasmum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just new on MFP but I need to loose 10kg and have it lost by yesterday ;) Feel free to add me.
  • DKBelle
    Options
    as far as I know you have to upload them . all the ingredients one by one and than it gets saved and the ingredients gets calculated.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options

Friend requests dissapear as soon as you have accepted them - but other messages stay for only 2 weeks before they are deleted ;-)

Welcome and good luck :-)
  • Frazzlenz
    Options
    wow elleinnz, 52 kg lost. Thats amazing!!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    There is a forum category for it ---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/14-recipes
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    me too ! and then some :) just started this week .So far it makes a lot of sense. My biggest problem is finding ways to reduce carb intake as I am pre-diabetic, I sure don't want to develop it. Learning about calories, amazed how much calories in some foods expecially those processed foods / and sweets !
    Its good helping me think before I eat
  • rikorb
    rikorb Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I need to loose at least 20kg. I'm from Australia so work in kilos also.
    I'll send a friend request :)
    Kris