How are you rewarding yourself?

Options
While writing up my About Me section I came up with a term called "Pounds Down Rewards." This is not an uncommon thing to do here in the community and I think it's an awesome idea. Before when I'd lose weight I'd reward myself with binge eating. Not saying that food rewards and cheat days are completely counter-productive because for many they are very helpful, but for me I think I need to start rewarding myself in other ways. So at last I present to you my list of Pounds Down Rewards (PDR's)

Pounds Down Rewards (PDR's)
Once I hit 215lbs... I will get my hair cut and dyed.
Once I hit 210lbs... I will buy a Tassimo brewer.
Once I hit 205lbs... I will see a movie with my mom. (Popcorn allowed.)
Once I hit 200lbs... I will buy a new pair of jeans.
Once I hit 195lbs... I will buy all new make-up.
Once I hit 190lbs... I will *try* to buy a cute dress.
Once I hit 185lbs... I will buy some new books.
Once I hit my goal weight of 180lbs... I will look great, feel great and I will NOT feel guilty spending some extra money on clothes.

Replies

• ohmywonwon
    Options
    I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to reward myself xD. This is great though!
  • VinVenture
    Options
    Well, I only have ten more pounds to lose, and I count in kg, so I only have one more goal to reach, 55 kg.

(I have just recently hit my other mark of 60 kg, so I bought myself something from VS, I did need a new bra due to weight loss anyway <3 )

When I reach 55 kg (121 lbs): I will, erm, have reached my goal. As for reward I suppose I'll have to go shopping for a new wardrobe (I have pretty much only t-shirts that fit me properly anymore, and they're geeky)
  • CatClark
    CatClark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love having mini goals and rewards along the way - weight loss can feel quite thankless at times, if you're only focused on your ultimate goal weight! Great to have a few mile stones / celebrations along the way.

I've set myself a mini goal of weighing 149lbs at the end of 2011. If I can do that, I'm going for a proper Swedish massage - and I'll need one after all those gym classes ;)

My goal for January is to drop another 8lbs and finally feel fit / light enough to start running. Reward will be some decent running shoes, rather the £5 pair of trainers I current wear at the gym! I'm also going to try to sign up for a race to make me focus on training a bit more.

If all goes to plan, I should hit my target weight in February - and that will be it's own reward :D
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't do rewards.
  • jlchow
    jlchow Posts: 40
    Options
    Clothes. I love fashion.

I'll go get a nice pair of pants from J Crew or a shirt from BR. Bow ties are nice... I should reward myself some time soon :P
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    i'd buy myself a whole bunch of cute new swimsuits. come to think of it, i probably will. only when i hit my goal of 120 though.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just gave myself a new gold watch for getting under 100kg. That means I have lost one-third of my bodyweight so I was pretty stoked!

next reward will be an awesome dress for my son's wedding in April. I shall be between 85 and 90kg. Then next November I am riding in the Great Victorian Bike Ride and I shall be about 80kg - a number I feel I will be comfortable and healthy at.
  • dbthegreat
    Options
    I knit and spin so reward myself with wool.

I have 2 things I reward myself for. Sticking to my lifestyle plan for 1 calendar month and every time I lose 1stone (14pounds).

Goal one- Stick to plan until 21st Dec, reward-fibre to spin
    Goal two- Reach target of 10st 13lbs, Reward- Enough yarn to knit a sweater.

When I reach my goal weight I will buy a mini skirt and a tight pair of jeans to show of my butt!

Whenever I reach a goal I set new goals and rewards depending on how I feel and what I want at the time.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I'm not an overly vain person but just lately I've found looking in the mirror and comparing against old photo's of myself to be enough. Not in a weird way or anything, it just puts things into perspective
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Never understood the whole rewards thing. The rewards come when you feel and look better. It changes your life. If that is not enough, then you will never maintain it once you get to your goal.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Wait... I've changed my mind... take me to the spandex section

I love that film :laugh:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Never understood the whole rewards thing. The rewards come when you feel and look better. It changes your life. If that is not enough, then you will never maintain it once you get to your goal.

I think that is just a different way of thinking of it. I see rewards as incentives to work toward the ultimate reward (to look and feel better) :D

ps: My reward will probably be to buy a new outfit and eat some candy <3 (luckily maintaining is quite easy for me)
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

I think that is just a different way of thinking of it. I see rewards as incentives to work toward the ultimate reward (to look and feel better) :D
    I agree..to each his own..
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    first bought size 36 pants from size 42
    Then bought size 34
    now buying size 32 oyea buying medium and small shirts instead of xx large

What a reward!!!!!!! I feel so much better every day.

Its a life change not a diet.

Cheers
    Jim
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Nice list. :D

When I lose 25lbs I am going to buy another corset. It's the one on my profile pic actually. ^_^
    Another reward I have is more ambiguous. When I finally reach XL I will buy cute workout clothes.
  • carpediem0110
    Options
    I never really thought about it. I guess when I notice i've lost weight and toned up I go out and buy a couple of nice outfits. But that is more about me feeling comfortable in my skin and wanting to show it off!

If I were to "reward" myself I think it would be towards something like a new pair of sneakers, or some free weights. Stuff like that.
  • adriennehou
    Options
    Stepping on the scale and seeing a happy number is better than any of the things I mentioned above, however, the incentive is not always there. If I lose motivation and start playing the "I don't care if I'm fat forever" game then at least I can keep working for my coffee maker! lol
  • Tierra1983
    Options
    I reward myself by fitting in smaller clothes. LOL If I give myself a cheat day it ends up being a cheat week and then I'm back at 216 pounds. So I learned the hard way... cheat days allow me to sabotage myself!
  • Tierra1983
    Options
    Oooooo. I don't say I have to agree on the buying new clothes! I keep telling myself when I get down to 150 I'm taking myself to Aeropostale. =)
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Agreed, nothing feels better that feeling fit and strong! This is a reward!
    But whatever gets you to your goals..is cool:-)